2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
CarID.com usually has a good selection of rotors/pads on their website. Personally recommend Raybestos EHT Element 3 for a daily driver pad. Hybrid semi-metallic / ceramic. High friction rating (GG), nice pedal feel/modulation, good braking power, low dusting and cheap. Had tons of other pads and these are the best compromise for a daily driver. Rotors are personal preference, but I'd get ones that are either painted or corrosion protected with a high iron content (i.e. G3000 grade). I use typically Centric Premium (painted), but there are plenty of other good options.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Deep Cryo'd is a -300 Degree Process which take a few Days and a Few Pulls down to Lower Temps , Before Being Properly Annealed at Working Temps ..
This Turns Molecular Grains in the Metal to Face Out ( Like End Grain ) on 2 x 8 or 4 x 4 ~ End Grain ~ just doesn't Wear down like side Grain , so a
Higher coefficient of friction ( Pad ) can be Used without Excessive Heat Damage . . or Tearing Up the Surface . .

Some Pad Manufacture won't even Supply to High Coefficient Factor - like .54 most are .41~.48 - do to Poor Rotor Quality in the Industry . . as compared to 30 yrs. back
that Higher Nickle Content . . in the Iron ..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Raybestos EHT Element 3 NOT made for 10th gen Accord.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Interesting Pad , couldn't find any coefficient rating for those . . . , did find this ~ Shim on Pad is

The shims on EHT formulations promote quiet stopping in a wide variety of temperature ranges and vehicle platforms.

The shim has five layers, including:
  • Clear epoxy coating - OK
  • Two layers of cold rolled steel ( Not so Sure about Cold Rolled steel )
  • Modified nitrite rubber ?
  • Viscoelastic material ?
I'd Like My Shims - If required to be SS or Titanium

ps: those are some Big Tires & Wheels , those should corner Nice .. always liked that "Tire" even thou it does make some ~ Extra Sound
I Looked at the Conti's - DW for TN Area compared to the LX's still shopping . .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Usually stamped on the shim of the pad. Here's an example showing 'GG' friction rating. https://www.brakepartsinc.com/dam/jcr:ae733ffb-3b6f-4599-959f-75950b4fa2fc/EHT Friction #EHT1811H.jpg

Interesting Pad , couldn't find any coefficient rating for those . . . , did find this ~ Shim on Pad is

The shims on EHT formulations promote quiet stopping in a wide variety of temperature ranges and vehicle platforms.

The shim has five layers, including:
  • Clear epoxy coating - OK
  • Two layers of cold rolled steel ( Not so Sure about Cold Rolled steel )
  • Modified nitrite rubber ?
  • Viscoelastic material ?
I'd Like My Shims - If required to be SS or Titanium

ps: those are some Big Tires & Wheels , those should corner Nice .. always liked that "Tire" even thou it does make some ~ Extra Sound
I Looked at the Conti's - DW for TN Area compared to the LX's still shopping . .

·
Registered
21 Posts
CTR Calipers SHOULD bolt up (same bolt caliper bolt spacing), but will need custom rotor. Expect it will need to be on the order of a 13" (330 mm) diameter based on various reports. The olders Hyundai Genesis coupes have Brembo's which share the same caliper bolt spacing as Hondas and can be purchased USED for much less than the CTR calipers new (~$280 ea + shipping). I actually own a set of the used Genesis Brembo's, but have been too busy to test fit. Have a pair of rotors too picked up cheap for test fit purposes (2014 Mustang GT non-Brembo front rotors 336mm). A little bigger than the 94-03 Cobra 330mm rotor which are probably closer to the perfect size. If I get time in the next couple months will test fit, just busy finishing up my basement and this isn't a priority right now.....

·
Registered
736 Posts
Write them ask , How much for Rotor Rings to be Replaced Later ? ( as a Customer ) ?
The Finish on the Rotor Hats - is Hard Coat what Spec Grade _ Military Grade III or what ?
Rotors are those Double Ground ?
Most Important the Over Sq. Inches of the New Brake Pad compared to the OE Pad ?
Does this New Pad have 100% Contact & Coverage on this Rotor Surface of this _ Set Up being Supplied ..

Do they Offer Pads in Different Street and Auto Cross ~ Friction Levels ?
If so what are the Frictions Level on the Pads Supplied ?

Thank You

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's a guy on the Facebook Accord 10G group that has a BBK for sale, includes some used Brembos, new pads, rotors. Allegedly putting a video together too, but not forthcoming on many (any) details of the parts yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket brake kits for a 2018 accord sport? Rotors,calipers...etc
Hey, there is a guy on youtube who did a great setup for the 10th generation accord using the brembo calipers/ Pads of Hyundai Genesis and Rotors from Acura TL-S. It fits on with just little modification to the brake dust shield.

Youtube:

·
Registered
10 Posts
PSA: Rock Auto's POWER STOP K8165 Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Upgrade Kit PADS do not fit Sport trim... the pads they have in the kit fit EX, LX, EX-L trims even though rock auto claims they fit Sport and Touring trims.... Returned and got refunds... their customer service was garbage... Tried explaining to them that the sport and EX, LX, EX-L model have different pads, but they refused to accept the facts when presented hard evidence I was right... and the sport package front ceramic pads wont be available until later this year :(

Rock Auto Kit: More Information for POWER STOP K8165

EX_L/LX Model Pad Geometry
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~0~45022-tva-a00.html?Make=Honda&Model=Accord&Year=2019&Submodel=&Filter=(bt=4,274;et=2,4)&Location=chassis/front_brake,,8

Sport Model Pad Geometry.
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~0~45022-tvc-a02.html

·
Registered
736 Posts
Fitting & Cross Fitting does take some Work . . Nice Work ~ druhillforme2000

For Testing Purposes anything to do with Brakes - get yourself a - "Magnetic Base and Dial-Indicator" Especially for TIR
Checking Total Indicator - Run Out

Your right to say - just a little Rust or Corrosion on Hub and Tq. will effect that Fit .. as You shown in Video - Good Video also ..
Thanks

IronMan711 - I have Busted - Rock Auto on a few Parts , they even sent out a Perfectly Good Front Caliper - fit and All .. BUT the Caliper came from Manufacturing
without O-Ring "Lip" - OK it's where the Dust Shield Goes onto Caliper to Protect the Hydraulic Brake Fluid - Puck . .

No Lip the Dust Shield is Only Floating in place NOT Locked in to Protect the Puck from Road Salt & Water ..

BUSTED - they apparently Do Not inspect Parts coming in .. They Assume Parts are A-OK from Factory ..
Parts are NOT always OK from Factory . .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fitting & Cross Fitting does take some Work . . Nice Work ~ druhillforme2000

For Testing Purposes anything to do with Brakes - get yourself a - "Magnetic Base and Dial-Indicator" Especially for TIR
Checking Total Indicator - Run Out

Your right to say - just a little Rust or Corrosion on Hub and Tq. will effect that Fit .. as You shown in Video - Good Video also ..
Thanks

IronMan711 - I have Busted - Rock Auto on a few Parts , they even sent out a Perfectly Good Front Caliper - fit and All .. BUT the Caliper came from Manufacturing
without O-Ring "Lip" - OK it's where the Dust Shield Goes onto Caliper to Protect the Hydraulic Brake Fluid - Puck . .

No Lip the Dust Shield is Only Floating in place NOT Locked in to Protect the Puck from Road Salt & Water ..

BUSTED - they apparently Do Not inspect Parts coming in .. They Assume Parts are A-OK from Factory ..
Parts are NOT always OK from Factory . .
Yeah, they finally rooked the selection of premium drilled and slotted rotors off their website. Enough people probably complained they weren’t right!! Haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts