2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!
First time posting here. I needed to replace my brake pads. I replaced the rotors and pads with ceramic pads. I have to say I hate them!! I want to go back to semi-metallic pads but having a hard time finding them. Can anyone recommend good semi-metallic pads that they have used and can vouch for them?

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
Was trying to avoid dealer outrageous prices. But if i can’t find good after market ones, I will have to go with those.
Below is a post I made in another thread... try some of those places for better pricing of OEM parts...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I tried them both, and the semi metalic have a better bite and stop better, I simply tap one the break and it stop, with all the ceramic pads I have tried I find that I have to press the break harder.
How long have they been on the car?
What brand are they?
Did you replace the rotors too? If no what's the conditions of your current rotors?
Did the manufacturer include instructions for bedding/break-in? If yes did you follow them?

Ceramic pads will take a little while to fully conform to the shape of the rotors but once it's done the results are equal to stock pads but without the excessive dust.

*Metallic has 2 Ls :)😊

1 - 12 of 12 Posts