2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check to make sure nothing is stuck under the parking break lever. Maybe unplug and re-plug the battery then take the bad boy to the dealer to see what's up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had same issue. It is actually an issue with battery or battery terminal. Honda replaced my battery under warranty with no issues. It was not a brake issue but your electronic brake sensors will go off because the car cant control the electronic brake system if battery is bad

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yesterday i was starting my honda accord 2018 1.5T 8,900 miles on it and it showed Brake system problem and now the car won’t start. Has anybody encountered this problem before?
Yes, except our car only had 38K. had to replace the battery, but brake system light still on. Going back into the shop tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yesterday i was starting my honda accord 2018 1.5T 8,900 miles on it and it showed Brake system problem and now the car won’t start. Has anybody encountered this problem before?
trade my car in after talking to AH. I had a warning three times and I took to the dealer and they were not able fix the problem and the can was not braking properly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tan
Tandem Motor Assembly. Part failure in some cases. Take it back to the dealer. Let him know that you are aware of a technical service bulletin that the tandem motor assembly could be leading to this issue, and many other owners of the same model have been experiencing this issue, and Honda is now aware of the fix which is replacing the tandem motor assembly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yesterday i was starting my Honda Accord 2018 1.5T 8,900 miles on it and it showed Brake system problem and now the car won’t start. Has anybody encountered this problem before?
My Honda Accord is at 44k miles and the breaking system message popped up on mine too. Can’t turn the car on but the windows and lights still work just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I just recently did. Honda towed my vehicle to my local dealer and replaced factory battery with a new one. All is well so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts