2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for input in regards to a build for my 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT.

This is my daily drive and the theme would be that of subtly/elegance. I do not want to push the car - merely open her up and give her what she needs.

I have been thinking something to the effect of PRL HVI, PRL Intercooler, PRL Charge Pipe (when available), Thermal R&D Cat-Back exhaust, and a stage 1 tune with either Hondata or Ktuner (mainly to improve throttle, rev-hang, & even out the powerband). I would be running on 91 octane California pump gas from Mobil. I do not wish to add boosters or any extra ethanol.

The hopes would be to let her breath in and out easy, and cool her down.

I'm trying to stay as CARB / California complaint as I can. Main concerns are for SMOG, not warranty.

Any input or advise you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in the same boat! I was just literally looking at the HVI intake right now! The intercooler I'm iffy on right now as I'll wait until the dead of summer (Ontario Canada) to see if the 2.0 has any issues with heat. I have ktuner running the dual tune stage 2 for now. I'd recommend some lighter wheels and maybe some springs or coils. The ktuner is probably the easiest way to wake the car up and some suspension work will always benefit handling.

Good luck and I'm following for advice as well!

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
217 Posts
No mods are carb compliant yet so you would need to keep changing back to oem parts for smog but since it’s relatively a new car (2019) it falls under the category of not having to smog for 8 years so you should be good until then. Intake is one of the first mods I chose to do which is a good beginning upgrade but not really noticeable unless it’s tuned which led me to get ktuner and I ran the stage 2 for awhile which you can feel the car wake up. The intercooler is questionable, I haven’t seen any perform gains by bolting up the prl intercooler just air temperature drops which is good but its a good upgrade if you plan on upgrading the turbo to minimise heat soak. The charge pipe is a good upgrade depending on what material is used because some absorb less heat then others but that upgrade is mostly intended for cars running higher boost. Exhaust is a nice upgrade and is legal as long as it has 2 mufflers and under 94 Decibels but can get you pulled over if it’s too loud for the officer and can lead to your hood getting popped opened but what can save you from that is having proof that your exhaust is legal and this may seem like a hassle but it will help in the long run, I suggest you go to the state referee and have him conduct the decibel test with whatever exhaust system you have on. If it passes you can get a copy of the paper work (which you have to pay for) saying it passed the noise test and is in compliance. There are many mods out there but not CARB legal so it falls under your personal preference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.