2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Accord Touring Hybrid. My heater runs me out of the car. If I set it for anything over 58º it almost makes it unbearable to the point I open the sun roof for relief. Have taken it to my dealer twice and each time the service manager says it is normal. It gets its heat from the hybrid batteries. I can't believe that any car you cannot set the cabin temp at 58º and it feels like it is over 100. Has anyone else experienced this and if so were you able to correct it?

FYI - I have tried setting my heat on auto, with and without the AC and nothing seems to give me relief.

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Hybrid Touring
27 Posts
I also have a 2018 Hybrid and experience the same thing. In the morning when the temp is below 45 degrees I also turn it down to 58 degrees for the first 25 minutes of my drive then I turn it up to about 63 for the remainder. In my last car, a Lexus, and the car before that, a Volkswagen, I set the temp at 70 degrees year round and never thought about it. I have not had my first service but I will inquire about it in care there is an update at that time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have taken it to my dealer twice and each time the service manager says it is normal.

Thanks
That def doesn’t sound normal. When I adjust my temp I feel the difference.
Do you have issues with your heated seats ? I feel like the highest setting is hot as all heck. The medium setting is super low. And low, doesn’t give off anything it seems like. Very weird

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe it’s a glitch with the ambient sensor software or the design of its location as there seems to be a delay bid it realizing when it’s reached desired temp and then back off. My older 2009 Accord was just fine with auto climate control no issues.

In winter I think it’s worse as it takes a while to not just heat the ambient air temp but also warm the car console and dashboard plastic etc. It’s such a large gap in temp. I believe the ambient sensor is below the start button just above the knees. Thanks

If it is super unbearably hot then perhaps the sensor is broken.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cabin heat unbearable?

I also have a '18 Accord Hybrid. NO issues what so ever with the heater. I was concerned before I bought the car, for fear it would have a problem heating the cabin like the Volt does... thinking that the car may use a heat pump to heat the cabin. But it heats very well, and is VERY controllable. The dealer told me that the ICE actually heats the car. One thing I have noticed... is a loss of at least 6 sometimes over 10 MPG when the heater is operating. That was disappointing. In talking to other Hybrid owners most have said that they have experienced a similar problem when using the heater (not so with AC though). The seat heaters also work well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts