2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late December 2018 traded in my 2002 wrx for a 2013 Acura TL and man i thought it was nice. 3.7l V6 SH-AWD tech package was pushing 298 stock on 93, that lasted 2-3 weeks till some younger kid was racing around in his pops Escalade on a snowy day at 55mph and couldn't stop at a stop sign. Told the cops and I he thought him being in 4x4 would help him stop :plain: (the kid was like 16). Welp life, one insurance check and visit to the dealer less then a month later I drove away with a 2018 Accord Ex-L 2.0T and does this just s**t on the TL. These 10th gen Accords are coming with close to all the luxury items Acura offers at a cheaper price point, smaller engine + lighter car gas mileage is waaaay better. Plus compared to the 4th gen TLs this Accord is just much faster. I can't wait to start building it :smile: .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had the Accord since like mid Jan. but just found this forum over the weekend. I have no pictures on my laptop but if you want to follow me on Instagram @Extension_ccord18 I post a pics there and i follow back and like pics (not a ghost). I plan to be active here as I ask questions and try to help others who have questions. I'm leaving the car completely stock till about mid April, unfortunately the Acura accident broke my wrist and put me in a cast for 12weeks. But some ideas and input on what to start with at that point would be awesome. I want to drop it on coil-overs, wrap the mirror and handles and some trim wrapped black or maybe in carbon fiber (car is Platinum White). Ideas where to go from there??

·
Registered
318 Posts
The only real thing that Acura models have left going for them is the SH-AWD system. Honda discreetly put a sleeper powertrain in the new Accord and we've seen some incredible gains with aftermarket tunes and performance upgrades. You should read up on the Hondata and KTuner flashes. Many have opted to do a chrome delete on the grille and replace the factory badges. Type R engine cover also fits on this car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Imagine if Honda put a capable AWD system in their Sedans.... Acura would soon to exist lol. After talking to some people on Instagram closer to summer I'm going the for Ktuner flash V2 and a K&N air intake and take it from there, the engine cover does sound like a cool idea though. Links on where to find one?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Glad to have you over here from Subaru. I always felt that Subaru lacked a lot of development and it just keeps getting worse as the years go on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to have you over here from Subaru. I always felt that Subaru lacked a lot of development and it just keeps getting worse as the years go on.
Yeah as a die-hard Subaru fan I can feel this. Pretty much the same engine across all gens with not much improvement, Interiors on Sti's have stay bland and very simple in terms compared to others in the price point and category. Also too many maintenance problems that also stuck with each gen.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey and welcome, hopefully you have an uneventful and speedy recovery. I had a 05 LGT which I loved butt I agree, it feels like every new year off Sunday has some engine killing problem, filter screens in feed pipes killed my original engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts