2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I am looking to pull the trigger on a 2018 Accord Touring 2.0T and was wondering if I am able to get a heated steering wheel on a US spec accord. Is it only available for Canadian specs? Are there are other differences between the Canadian and US specs?

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Dont be fooled by that price. That does not include labor...try closer to a grand.
It states on the attachment that the price is MSRP... actual dealer price may be different and it doesn't include installation. Also... everything is negotiable.... and depending on how many accessories you add at time of purchase deals can be made (know of this first hand... see my signature). One last caveat.... any OEM accessories added at time of purchase you get a three year warranty on them versus a one year warranty if you add them later.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just had the heater steering wheel installed last week and it was $578 with the $399 part and labor, another dealer quoted me $528 (cheaper labor) but had no idea when they would be able to get the part so I went with the $578 since they had the part on hand and could install it that day.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Most dealers will have a price sheet for accessories which include part/install price for you to see/have. As I said though everything is negotiable. :wink:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Most dealers will have a price sheet for accessories which include part/install price for you to see/have. As I said though everything is negotiable. :wink:
Yes. The dealers biggest goal is to move vehicles, it looks good on everyone from the sales guy to management.
Some people suggest negotiating everything but the OTD price and I have to agree.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Yes. The dealers biggest goal is to move vehicles, it looks good on everyone from the sales guy to management.
Some people suggest negotiating everything but the OTD price and I have to agree.
I would disagree about not negotiating the OTD price if you mean you pay whatever the sticker says (IE: price of the vehicle). That price has built in profit (holdback & advertising costs) that can be negotiated (see my attachment). My offer starts at invoice price, destination fee, tax, title, & tags.... in my opinion accessories & installation of them, dealer documentation fees, service contracts, and extended warranty are all negotiable.

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Kidding Right ?

I just had the heater steering wheel installed last week and it was $578 with the $399 part and labor, another dealer quoted me $528 (cheaper labor) but had no idea when they would be able to get the part so I went with the $578 since they had the part on hand and could install it that day.

Kidding Right ? Most Dealers will give 10% On Parts Especially on Line , Heck My Honda set of Flaps were Free ~

Installing Steering Wheels - like Normally Easy on a Scale of 1-5 like 2 or 3 for someone that has No Air Bag Experience , which Most Safety Items apply:

1. Disconnect Power

2. Don't Grd and Wires

3. Stay Clear of Any Static Electrical Discharges

4. Take Picture as One Goes , so You'll be able to Reverse what Your Did - Taking Note on Wiring Hook Up's & Placement ..
5. Note the Wheel Clocking When It's Removed ~ so You don't Mess with Wheel Alignment - etc. Basic Stuff like that ..

( May have to have the Heating Function Turned on ) By Dealer _ If Lucky it's Like a Horn just Power Supply needed . . .

Call : Canadian Honda Dealer ask to Speak to Tech Where the Wheel Heating Button is Taping it's Power from ? :angel:

·
Registered
200 Posts
In reference to your other question, here's a list of factory installed Canadian only features:
  • Heated Windshield w/Button
  • LaneWatch (Sport & EX-L only)
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • USB Ports in Rear of Center Console
  • Windshield Washer Fluid Low Indicator
I found these differences by looking through the online user's manual.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Kidding Right ? Most Dealers will give 10% On Parts Especially on Line , Heck My Honda set of Flaps were Free ~

Installing Steering Wheels - like Normally Easy on a Scale of 1-5 like 2 or 3 for someone that has No Air Bag Experience , which Most Safety Items apply:

1. Disconnect Power

2. Don't Grd and Wires

3. Stay Clear of Any Static Electrical Discharges

4. Take Picture as One Goes , so You'll be able to Reverse what Your Did - Taking Note on Wiring Hook Up's & Placement ..
5. Note the Wheel Clocking When It's Removed ~ so You don't Mess with Wheel Alignment - etc. Basic Stuff like that ..

( May have to have the Heating Function Turned on ) By Dealer _ If Lucky it's Like a Horn just Power Supply needed . . .

Call : Canadian Honda Dealer ask to Speak to Tech Where the Wheel Heating Button is Taping it's Power from ? :angel:
Maybe, maybe not... 2018 Honda Accord Heated Steering Wheel Installation Instructions

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello guys,

I am looking to pull the trigger on a 2018 Accord Touring 2.0T and was wondering if I am able to get a heated steering wheel on a US spec accord. Is it only available for Canadian specs? Are there are other differences between the Canadian and US specs?
yes you can get the heated steering wheel i have on my 2.0T sport also added on the rear usb and the home link mirror

·
Registered
129 Posts
Many have posted on forums they're not completely happy with the add-on option. I did gloves instead!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts