2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Car&Driver Lightning Lap

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  EngTech1 
The stock suspension is a tad too floaty even on the "Sport" model. It's adequate for a street car, but sub-par for track usage. Some lowering springs, a beefier rear sway bar, some good rubber and upgraded pads and brake fluid would definitely improve it's track presence though.
I seen this mentioned a lot and ever since been considering getting an aftermarket coiilover system. My budget does allow for going at high as KW Suspension but I might settle for something entry-level from brands like Tein. Even springs alone MIGHT do it for me, but adjustable dampening is attractive!

I'm going to pull the trigger on the H&R 1.2" springs probably within the next week or two. Not that the Accord has a huge wheel gap, but it'll look soooo much better dropped a little and I think it'll also tighten up the handling characteristics a bit.
Just make sure you're prepared for the break in period because springs (from my experience) take at least a couple weeks of regular driving to finally set in.

Looking forward to seeing your setup once installed if you plan on posting pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.