2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Car&Driver Lightning Lap

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  EngTech1 
#1 ·
As part of Car and Drivers 10Best, the new Accord Sport 2.0T manual was recently given the chance to run some hot laps at their test circuit. The family sedan did a lot better than most were anticipating, almost matching the times of an older Model S P85D lol.

#4 ·
The stock suspension is a tad too floaty even on the "Sport" model. It's adequate for a street car, but sub-par for track usage. Some lowering springs, a beefier rear sway bar, some good rubber and upgraded pads and brake fluid would definitely improve it's track presence though.

#5 ·
I seen this mentioned a lot and ever since been considering getting an aftermarket coiilover system. My budget does allow for going at high as KW Suspension but I might settle for something entry-level from brands like Tein. Even springs alone MIGHT do it for me, but adjustable dampening is attractive!

#8 ·
Yeah , Sport will need some tweaking - I Don't believe everything Test Driver or Care & Driver stated - like the Brake Pads were gone in 10 Laps , more Like They just
Over Heated the Brake Fluid Boiled some out of a Boot which got on the Pads .. , Hence the Change of Pads and Move Up to Dot 4 . .

What I found Interesting thou was the Difference in Wheel Stance - Width on Sport is Narrower - I have seen this before on some other models , but generally was other way around ..
That said , these Spec's Printed in Mag Rags aren't always Correct . I have Looked into Spacers 3-4 mm , but I think just wait to
I'll get Rims Later with Better Offset . .

#11 ·
Lighting Lap - make Honda look like **** !
Guy wasn't Pulling the Steering wheel back to Stop inside Tire from Spinning ( Plainly on 2 Turns )
Did this in Heat of the Day and after the Brakes , Tires were cooked ~ to Boot I Bet the Tire Pressures were Not High enough in the Front . .

I'd like to see a few Owners form this or other Sights Go up to this Track and Lay Down some Numbers , way better then Car and Drivers - BS - Test !

He's getting on the Brakes Way to Early - which is real plain to see in Video , just look at some of the others . . Lighting Laps and Watch 20 other Cars ~ Then ~
You'll Know what I saying . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.