2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Car takes too long to warm up.

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Fired00d 
#1 ·
I can drive my 2020 Sport 1.5T for almost 10 minutes and coolant reading still isn’t showing fully warmed up coolant. If I let it idle and warm up it’ll take 20 minutes just to warm up. I’m a believer in driving the car after only 30 secs-1 min of idling as none of my other cars took this long to warm up because it warms up faster driving it but the accord doesn’t budge and takes it time. This happens when it’s only 50 degrees or less outside since it usually doesn’t get colder than 35 degrees. Only had car for 3 months and 8110 miles. Could this problem cause oil dilution like the Civics and Cr-V’s?

#5 ·
Have you tried turning on your heat if so have you felt heat coming out the vents? I live in an area that can see temps at freezing and below and during the winter. During those times I (remote) start my car and by the time I get in it (less than ten minutes) it has knocked the chill off and within a few minutes of driving the temp dial is showing normal operating range.

#6 ·
OK Morning start after setting all Night , just for Reference I have 4 Markers Up on Temp Gauge which is Honda's Normal after
7 miles and 1 Min. of slow driving to get out to main road . .

Oil isn't Warmed all the Way nor is Transmission , so by Time I get 10-11 Miles I'd say Motor Oil is Good , but Not Trans Temp
It takes another 5 miles and another 5 Min. after the First 11 Min. to Fully Warm Up

Stat is Controlling temp after First 8 Minutes & 7.5 miles . .

Check and Make sure Your Engine bay - Rubber Seal is in Place @ Back Engine Bay where the Hood Hinges Down to Meet it . .

Also have You just been taking it super easy on Your Sport , or have You Put it through It's Paces and In Mountains to Fully Break motor in . .

I believe I had over 7000 miles before it felt Fully Seated and " Stopped Using Oil "

I had several Mountain Trips in Very Hot Weather . .

#7 ·
just for Reference I have 4 Markers Up on Temp Gauge which is Honda's Normal
I forgot to mention this earlier and confirmed it the other day when I drove my car. The four bars/markers is the normal temp range on the gauge even though visually it looks like it's less than midpoint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.