2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week with IOS 12 released, 3rd party maps became available on CARPLAY. Google Maps released their Carplay compatible version the next day and Waze has a Beta going, expected to be released shortly. I feel a lot better with Google Maps being available, I have already swapped out Apple Maps on my CARPLAY Menu (you do this on your phone). A few times Apple Maps went into a recalc loop and it was just lame. Can't wait until they release the WAZE CARPLAY version too. I find that the CARPLAY interface is just so much better integrated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Earlier this week with IOS 12 released, 3rd party maps became available on CARPLAY. Google Maps released their Carplay compatible version the next day and Waze has a Beta going, expected to be released shortly. I feel a lot better with Google Maps being available, I have already swapped out Apple Maps on my CARPLAY Menu (you do this on your phone). A few times Apple Maps went into a recalc loop and it was just lame. Can't wait until they release the WAZE CARPLAY version too. I find that the CARPLAY interface is just so much better integrated.
Did you get an update for your infotainment system from Honda?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, but you have to add Google Maps to the Carplay Menu in your iPhone. It's under Settings,General,Carplay.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just downloaded me some Waze!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Isn't Google Maps supposed to be getting a crowd sourcing update, similar to how Waze functions? I know a lot people prefer the later due to the notifications of speed traps and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts