2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2,547 Posts
How many miles on the car(s) w/buildup? Have you seen the same on the 2.0 motors? Is there anything specific... IE: type of driving, climate, etc. that causes this buildup?

Nice job on the install of the catch can.... had been looking at those but wasn't convinced I would need one on the 2.0 motor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly 1.5 with 20k. It’s south Florida so hot all the time minus the three days it’s cold during the year. I’ve even seen it on a fit with direct injection. No fuel spraying on the valve to keep them clean. I’m guess not much on the 2.0 since they’re not driven as nicely lol.

·
Administrator
2,547 Posts
Mostly 1.5 with 20k. It’s south Florida so hot all the time minus the three days it’s cold during the year. I’ve even seen it on a fit with direct injection. No fuel spraying on the valve to keep them clean. I’m guess not much on the 2.0 since they’re not driven as nicely lol.
Thanks for the reply. Since there is no fuel spraying on the valves any fuel treatments would be a mute point (I guess)... how are the valves being cleaned or this condition corrected?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have some heavy duty cleaner we use. As for a fix there isn’t none since it’s common on almost all direct injection vehicles. A few injectors have gone bad but I believe it’s **** fuel

·
Administrator
2,547 Posts
Ok, was thinking it was some kinda dealer service required to clean it up. Thanks again for the info. (y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Top Tier could benefit the combustion chamber but not the valves. The fuel doesn't touch the backside of the valves in our cars.
CDC makes something called GDI intake valve and turbo cleaner. I used a can of it before I got the catch can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts