2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing what research I can regarding fighting the dreaded intake valve carbon buildup due to GDI......thinking about installing the Mishimoto catch can kit for my 1.5 to maintain the PCV, but also adding a CFM brand oil filler cap with a breather to minimize what goes into the catch can? What all have you folks been doing? What are your thoughts on what to do or not to do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been doing what research I can regarding fighting the dreaded intake valve carbon buildup due to GDI......thinking about installing the Mishimoto catch can kit for my 1.5 to maintain the PCV, but also adding a CFM brand oil filler cap with a breather to minimize what goes into the catch can? What all have you folks been doing? What are your thoughts on what to do or not to do?
Hi Buddy, I asked about this very same topic about a year ago and got no response what so ever from anyone here. Hopefully someone will have some input by now. I was think of going the same route as you have mentioned about doing for your motor. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, man, thanks for your reply..... Since then I've decided to slowly go with the catch can and the reason being although the following was a larger engine... online... on YouTube I saw a person who had the breather but with the PCV hooked up the vacuum is so much that it actually ended up whistling through the breather because of that size engine drawing that much air ....so when I thought about this noise and/or just the whole concept in general I decided to drop the thought of the breather and just go with a catch can (which I currently on order). Thank you again for your response.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, man, thanks for your reply..... Since then I've decided to slowly go with the catch can and the reason being although the following was a larger engine... online... on YouTube I saw a person who had the breather but with the PCV hooked up the vacuum is so much that it actually ended up whistling through the breather because of that size engine drawing that much air ....so when I thought about this noise and/or just the whole concept in general I decided to drop the thought of the breather and just go with a catch can (which I currently on order). Thank you again for your response.
Did you receive the catch can and install it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got a Mishimoto catch can and installed it back in August. It seems to be a quality item. I got one with the black bracket so it blends in with everything else under the hood. I also cleaned the engine with CRC GDI Intake and turbo cleaner a couple of months before getting the catch can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts