2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently traded in my Subaru for a 2019 Accord 2.0t 10-spd and it’s probably the best decision I’ve ever made and I love the car but me being a pain in the ass, the day I took it home I noticed the center console panel assembly had some scratches so I talked to the dealer and with out a problem they replaced it. I wasn’t mad because it looked like it can scuff or scratch really easy. Well the next day my plastic water bottle slipped out of my hand while I was putting it into the cup holder and it scuffed the dark gray finish on the panel, knowing my luck that would happen to me the day after I had it replaced but I was wondering if anyone else noticed how easily the center console gets scuffed and if anyone has done anything to protect it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Check out "Chemical Guys". I have ordered from them to protect the exterior of my 2014 328i, Luxury Edition. They may have something you can purchase to protect it. AWESOME company to work with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
are you talking about the cup holder section or the housing around the shift? I have a 2019 2.0T Manual Trans so I've got a really big cup holder section and I've noticed that it scratches easily. I've noticed marks on it after I purchased it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since i have the 10-spd my center console is set up a little differently, but with how yours is set up it would be the cup holder section. I attached what im referring to, but im talking about the part of the panel thats Grand Bonheur Silver. Its going to get marks not matter what happens, but i was thinking about vinyl wrapping it, but the only way i feel to do it a clean way is to match it with the carbon fiber trim thats already on the front dash and side doors.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 18 came scratched new from the dealer!!! I had the car delivered to my house and never bothered to get it fixed figuring a small $8 stick of touch up paint would do the trick but I haven’t yet looked for anything that matches the color. Check out my scratch near the automatic gear shift to the left of the Econ/sport buttons. Any suggestions on color to fix and where to get it?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
yea, that's a bad one, I wouldn't have let that slide. I have my first service visit at the end of this month that they set me up with the day that I purchased the car which was 02/04 and you can bet I'm going to bring up a few items that they need to fix. I didn't spend $30K to get a damaged vehicle.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm wondering if you could use the clear paint protection film that's normally used on the exterior. I don't see why that wouldn't work.
I wanted to do this but was hoping someone would make a direct fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.