2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
What are your thoughts? Worth the 1200 investment?
Yes it’s worth it. I’ve had all of my cars paint corrected and ceramic coated with CeramicPro gold package.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is it worth it? It depends. How long does it last? I 've read a little about it and watched a youtube video where 1 guy in the detailing business was doing it (took him most of the day). Sounds like a lot of $, like the cost to repaint the car, so i am not sure and I don't know a lot about it. I guess if it lasted many years, it might be worth it in the long run. But then what happens if someone T-bones you and totals your car a few weeks or months later (like someone did to my wife's CRV after I spent $1,200 on new tires and new brakes)?? You are out of all that $$.

Yeah I am in the Northeast... I bet it's close to $2K around me too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is it worth it? It depends. How long does it last? I 've read a little about it and watched a youtube video where 1 guy in the detailing business was doing it (took him most of the day). Sounds like a lot of $, like the cost to repaint the car, so i am not sure and I don't know a lot about it. I guess if it lasted many years, it might be worth it in the long run. But then what happens if someone T-bones you and totals your car a few weeks or months later (like someone did to my wife's CRV after I spent $1,200 on new tires and new brakes)?? You are out of all that $$.

Yeah I am in the Northeast... I bet it's close to $2K around me too.
Ceramic coating is like a hard candy shell for your clear-coat. It's incredibly tough and resilient.

CeramicPro is covered by insurance. It lasts the life of the car...The ONLY way to remove it, is to use a heavy grit and wheel.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I dont think any of the coatings can last the life of the car.

CeramicPro requires a yearly maintenance visit which I assume is free and probably when they will reapply where required. Also, miss this visit and you revert to 5 year warranty.

Can you go to any CeramicPro dealer or only the one you purchased from this is a critical question?

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can go to any ceramic pro dealer. I have it done and I love it! I use a foam cannon with pressure washer and still wash with a 2 bucket method.

·
Registered
653 Posts
100 percent price gouging. as others said, it does not last forever and will degradate over time. It needs to be renewed at least once a year. You can get a good bottle of ceramic coating that will do your vehicle two to three times for about $70, or if you must Ceramic pros kit is about $150. So basically your being charged $1400 for a couple hours labor. Buy a bottle and hire a detailer to put it on for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts