2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Administrator
2,881 Posts
I did some searching and found that when battery is disconnected that might happen but a restart should correct it (sounds like in your case this didn't happen). When the warning doesn't go away only thing I could find was see authorized dealer when they don't. Let us know what you find out... good luck.

· Registered
1 Posts
Need to know how to get rid of the “Charging system problem” on my dash.

Recently replaced my old battery, on the 2018 Accord sport, and the message started to pop up.

I checked the alternator and belt of the car and everything turned out fine.
Did anyone figure out what to do if the light stays on? I did the same thing and the “Charging System Problem” warning has not shutoff yet.

· Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem. Dealer replaced battery and battery sensor. Now they say it is a whole wire harness that needs to be replaced but is on backorder. Problem is, they can I can still drive it, but not for sure if I trust it.

· Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same problem. Dealer replaced battery and battery sensor. Now they say it is a whole wire harness that needs to be replaced but is on backorder. Problem is, they can I can still drive it, but not for sure if I trust it.
you can replace the harness if you want to but plugging a 15 volt meter into the cigarette lighter on front dash will tell you a lot more information than that idiot light cheap fix and the meter will tell you if it is not charging or if its overcharging which would mean voltage regulator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts