2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday morning I go to run some errands and out of nowhere I get the CEL with a brief message, "Problem with Emissions System. Reduced power may occur."

So instead of risking "limp mode", or worse - total power loss while on the freeway, I took it in to the dealer this Monday.

Today the dealer chimed and let me know that a "bad fuel canister" was the culprit. That "It may have been a Friday" when it was assembled, and that the lack of quality assurance meant I needed a new one. The problem now is that they are on back-order until next week. Or Later.

So I wanted to ask you guys, anyone else have this issue yet? I'm stuck driving a rented Ford Focus until then.

Appreciate all the feedback!

·
Registered
148 Posts
On Saturday morning I go to run some errands and out of nowhere I get the CEL with a brief message, "Problem with Emissions System. Reduced power may occur."

So instead of risking "limp mode", or worse - total power loss while on the freeway, I took it in to the dealer this Monday.

Today the dealer chimed and let me know that a "bad fuel canister" was the culprit. That "It may have been a Friday" when it was assembled, and that the lack of quality assurance meant I needed a new one. The problem now is that they are on back-order until next week. Or Later.

So I wanted to ask you guys, anyone else have this issue yet? I'm stuck driving a rented Ford Focus until then.

Appreciate all the feedback!
Common enough problem on most cars. If you had an OBDII scanner, you can just reset it if it ever throws the code or goes into limp home home. At least you can drive it until they have the part. They are cheap insurance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Aw man, from a sleek new Accord to a run of the mill Focus. This hasn't been reported by many new owners, so it seems like you might have just got unlucky. They give you an ETA on when the part is expected to be available?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey man, yeah, I got it back within a week. New canister went in, now I am driving it and loving everything about it. It's a glitch, these things happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts