2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does it do it once the car is warmed up? Could be the high pressure fuel pump. I believe Honda put out a service bulletin for that and they said it’s nothing to be concerned about. It won’t affect your cars performance or reliability but it can be annoying. You can still possibly get your HPFP replaced for free if that’s what it is. I heard mine chirp for a few weeks when I hit 12-13k miles, I’m at 20k now and I don’t hear it anymore.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
^^could be the HPFP. You'll hear it under throttle while you're cruising on the highway typically. Not a big deal. Could be a belt, they're squeal/chirp. Whats the mileage on your car and when do you hear it? at idle, under throtttle, cruising, when its hot or cold?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it do it once the car is warmed up? Could be the high pressure fuel pump. I believe Honda put out a service bulletin for that and they said it’s nothing to be concerned about. It won’t affect your cars performance or reliability but it can be annoying. You can still possibly get your HPFP replaced for free if that’s what it is. I heard mine chirp for a few weeks when I hit 12-13k miles, I’m at 20k now and I don’t hear it anymore.
Hi,
It does it when the car is warmed up. I can hear that noise when idle. My car started about 1 month when it hit over 7k miles. Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^could be the HPFP. You'll hear it under throttle while you're cruising on the highway typically. Not a big deal. Could be a belt, they're squeal/chirp. Whats the mileage on your car and when do you hear it? at idle, under throtttle, cruising, when its hot or cold?
Hi,
My car is just over 7k miles.. I can hear that noise when idle and it’s already warmed up. Thank you for your response^^

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
Do you notice it at all while you're driving? or even if you rev it while sitting still? if you do and it seems to increase relative to speed it sounds like it could be a belt and/or pulley making noise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you notice it at all while you're driving? or even if you rev it while sitting still? if you do and it seems to increase relative to speed it sounds like it could be a belt and/or pulley making noise.
No. I only hear that when I parked or waiting for red light! I am gonna take it to services today! Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
No. I only hear that when I parked or waiting for red light! I am gonna take it to services today! Thanks
Definitely HPFP then, I would only hear it during idle as well.

Pop your engine cover off (no tools needed, just pops right off) and to the right you’ll see the pump (approximately where I circled in yellow). It’s going to be covered in like a greyish/black foam, hold your ear near that area and you should hear the chirping coming from there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely HPFP then, I would only hear it during idle as well.

Pop your engine cover off (no tools needed, just pops right off) and to the right you’ll see the pump (approximately where I circled in yellow). It’s going to be covered in like a greyish/black foam, hold your ear near that area and you should hear the chirping coming from there.

View attachment 6668
It seem come from that area, do i need to replace the fuel pump if it is HPFP? Thank you

·
Registered
40 Posts
It seem come from that area, do i need to replace the fuel pump if it is HPFP? Thank you
Sorry for the confusion, when I said fuel pump, I was referring to the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump). As for getting it replaced, it’s not required since the car will run just fine with the chirp. It is an annoyance tho, so if you’re certain you want to chase it down take it to the dealer and get it replaced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.