2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased new 2018 Accord EX...Love it. However, I am having an issue playing my iPod Classic.
I have it connected using a 32 pin USB connector. Its starts off fine, then after a song or two the player stops. I have to disconnect/reconnect the iPod only to have the problem repeat itself. I get an Error message...device not connected. Has anyone experienced this? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Robert,

Some simple diagnostic questions:

Have you tried another cable? Have you looked at the connection port on the iPod? Have you tried switching which USB port you have your setup plugged into?

Not talking down, just eliminating the simple things first is always a good practice.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried all of those. Thing is, I listen to the iPod every day while I am driving my company's 2018 Chrysler Pacifica. Works perfectly as it should. My guess is, this is a Honda issue. I hope the dealer can shed some light on this when I visit this week.

Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I plugged my classic into the usb port and I can't 'search', but besides that I don't lose connectivity and I've played an hours worth of music without connectivity issues.

I did have an Ice-link in my old car and I was thinking the files I added to the iPod may be causing my search issue...but sorry to hear you have connectivity issues.

When you do have it connected and working, can you search the iPod for music/playlists?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts