2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Clunk noise coming from the rear passenger side

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  masonrockett 
#1 ·
Hello,

Ever since installing Eibach Sportline springs and an eibach rear sway bar, I have had a clunk noise coming from what sounds like the rear passenger side of the car. When the car is parallel to the ground, the clunk is gone, this only occurs when turning at an angle and it is more likely to happen when turning right. I have looked at the sway bar, made sure everything was tightened as well as adjusted to both positions just to narrow down the issue. It doesn't matter if the sway bar is on the less firm or firmer setting. The clunk is so annoying. Would replacing the end links solve this problem? I am not sure if the springs are causing the noise either. I was going to have coil overs installed just to see if the noise would disappear.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

#2 ·
I would try reseating the spring and just doing a general overlook of everything in the back passenger side wheel well. If nothing is found, I would try the sway bar links. I’ve have those links go bad on many cars over the years, pretty common unfortunately but luckily cheap and easy to replace.

I’ve read/seen stuff about people having similar noises when the spring wasn’t seated properly, so maybe start there. Spring>Overlook of everything (tighten, check, check again lol)>Sway bar links. Good luck man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.