2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Where did all of the people with the Collision Mitigation Braking System problems go? It's a serious issue, I'd like to know if it has been fixed with the Service Bulletin.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After so many people on this site and others complaining about this issue, now no one is having the problem? I can't believe it just went away without some action from Honda. Is everyone just living with it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm late to this but what exactly was going on? I tried looking through threads but couldn't find any information.

My wife's 2.0 recently has been flashing all kinds of lights: Blind spot system problem, Hill start assist problem, Vehicle stability problem, Electrical power steering problem, Brake system.

Went to the dealership and showed them the picture we took of each light. They apparently found a loose connection behind the bumper for one of the rear sensors. They did pull a code prior and reset the ECM. We picked up the car and less than 2 miles down the road, dash lights up again! Never had any issues with Honda's in the past.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are issues with the sending suite. The issue that was most prevalent on here was the Collision Monitoring Braking System which can cause the c.ar to stop while at highway speeds because it senses something. Weather can cause it, leaves covering the monitor, or even "bug juice". This has been the reason I'm reluctant to buy a new Accord. There is a Tech Service Bulletin 19-051 that came out and I'm interested to know if this has solved the problem. After your post, I am now much less interested in owning a Honda.. Keep me advised of how it works out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
28 Posts
just my experience with this: I have had a very small number of occasions were CMBS was a tad too aggressive, but you know what? each of those times I was probably following someone too closely... I think the software is very intentionally designed to be conservative. It takes some getting used to, but I genuinely believe some of these negative experiences are from people who dont actually understand what this safety system does. Ive read a few stories of people being shocked by how their car stopped in the middle of the highway, and that is legitimately scary, but I really think these instances are in the absolute tiny minority of experiences with this safety suite. For every time that the system is a little "aggressive" or sees a phantom, it helps me out ten times over.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appreciate your feedback JA 2.0. I can get a 2019 Sport 2.0 with manual transmission for $29K. Is that a good price?

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are issues with the sending suite. The issue that was most prevalent on here was the Collision Monitoring Braking System which can cause the c.ar to stop while at highway speeds because it senses something. Weather can cause it, leaves covering the monitor, or even "bug juice". This has been the reason I'm reluctant to buy a new Accord. There is a Tech Service Bulletin 19-051 that came out and I'm interested to know if this has solved the problem. After your post, I am now much less interested in owning a Honda.. Keep me advised of how it works out.
had tsb done on mine and it works great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts