2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Cold air intake options and why

20K views 64 replies 9 participants last post by  2020 accord sport se 
I just installed the PRL HVI. Can't speak to performance, because i installed downpipe and charge pipe as well. I'm running stage 2 Hondata tune. But i can definitely tell you the whoosh sounds are real. For me in it was an added benefit. A bit more sportiness to the engine. I'm my experience, cold air intakes don't do well in heat and stop and go traffic is a killer. The enclosure PRL system was the way to go for me. Now i get a nice whoooshing reminder of the turbo.

In my experience, it does not change MPGs all that much. Obviously that will fluctuate depending on driving style. For me, my mpg fluctuate a lot due to mainly doing short city trips which hurt the numbers. But I can manage to average mid to low 20s. But other memebrs here have averaged much higher numbers consistently.

So most of my commuting right now is about 10 miles to work so I've been averaging around 26 mpg, it's like 2 miles in town and 8 miles out of town. So it probably wouldn't change a whole lot. I've never tuned a car and just bought my 2018 3 weeks ago so a little nervous buying a tune.
This is my second go-around with Hondata. I had it previously on my 2007 Civic Si. I have been running Stage 2 Tune for a couple of months. That being said, my car only has 8,000 miles. I have had zero issues. At this point, Hondata has this down to a science. You plug it in, flash the tune, and forget it. I trust in the reliability and strength of the tune. For me, that was the most important thing, safety and trust. To be sure that the car wasn't being harmed. Hondata provides that trust that they know what they are doing. (FYI I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT K TUNER DOES AS WELL) Also, there's a ton of members who have been running tunes for 30,000+ miles with little to no issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.