2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Cold air intake options and why

20K views 64 replies 9 participants last post by  2020 accord sport se 
As @NYounus mentioned some that have went w/the open cold air intake have found that they are getting hot air from motor. IMO the enclosed systems will provide better performance (if that's what you're after) and the open systems will provide the "whoosh" sound but lessen performance. Some have found that just installing a better filter (K&N) in OEM box have provided increase in performance.

The possible loss of warranty is the part that makes me want to wait a little while just to make sure but at the same time it's a honda what's gonna break on it lol
If loss of warranty is of concern I would not recommend any tuning device. Some (vendors) will say their products will allow car to be restored to OEM tune/settings without leaving a trace that an aftermarket tune has/had been installed. Take that with a grain of salt as our cars have the technology to log data of how the car has been used/driven (IE: boost settings, RPM range, etc., etc.) if checking those logs and that data is out of OEM settings your warranty will be voided on the spot even if your car is back to OEM tune/settings at the time.

That is truly helpful, I think I'm going to drive it for a little while, make sure there aren't any potential issues, and then look into a tune. Will doing things like adding a cold air intake void warranties because it's not oem?
IMO a CAI shouldn't impact the warranty as it doesn't adjust any of the OEM tune/settings... but that's just my opinion. 🙂

My dealership told me if I mod my car and bring it in for a warranty issue, they will "help me out" by telling me to put it back to stock and come back to then so they can put the claim in.

If the time ever comes tho, I'm sure I'll be haggling for service.
Have heard that being told before... Funny if it isn't written/documented how fast a dealership will back out of it, especially if for any reason Honda wants to send a factory rep to look at your car prior to authorizing warranty work. Another thing of concern is if your car breaks down away from this dealer... your choices are take a chance taking it to closest dealer or having the car towed back to your dealership. You said it right and are aware that if needed you'll be "haggling for service".

I made up a performance upgrade wish list from information gathered on this forum and other sources. Total cost of parts came to $7+K.... now all I need to do is win the lottery. 😁

PRL Civic Type-R FK8 P600 Drop-In Turbocharger Upgrade $2649.99
PRL Plug ‘N Play Flex Fuel Kit $499.99
PRL High Volume Intake System $399.99
PRL Street Downpipe & Front Pipe Combo Upgrade $829.99
PRL Intercooler Upgrade $599.99
PTP Turbo Blanket (PRL) $135.95
K-Tuner or Hondata $649.00/$695.00
Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can $270.00
Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System $1,049.99 (PRL)

That's a nice list!
Thanks it's a "wish" list. I pretty much threw all the OEM P&A available at the time of purchase on it. I've been doing my best to restrain myself from making the car a money pit... hard to do hanging out here seeing what everyone is doing. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.