2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0T EXL. I have numerous incidents where the Collision Mitigation Braking System has gone out giving an amber dash warning to see the dealer. When this happens, the cruise control will also not function. Most times, upon shutting off the car and restarting, everything returns to normal. This problem will even happen day or night. Has Honda found a solution for this and if so are they charging there customers that are out of warranty?

·
Super Moderator
1,135 Posts
First off welcome to the forum.

Regarding the CMBS issue there are several threads of this issue w/o any resolution from Honda. If this were my car I would take a picture of the warning when it appeared, take car to dealer showing them a picture of the warning this will start the documentation of the issue associated w/your VIN (make sure you receive documentation of this service call), and lastly contact Honda Customer Service (contact info below) directly to open a claim. Doing this should protect you from any cost down the road after your car is out of warranty if a fix is found.

Honda Automobile Customer Service, American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

800-999-1009

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
Mail Stop 100-5E-8A
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

hondacertified.com

Monday - Friday
0600 - 1700
Pacific Time

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0T EXL. I have numerous incidents where the Collision Mitigation Braking System has gone out giving an amber dash warning to see the dealer. When this happens, the cruise control will also not function. Most times, upon shutting off the car and restarting, everything returns to normal. This problem will even happen day or night. Has Honda found a solution for this and if so are they charging there customers that are out of warranty?
I have a 2018 and have had the same problem. Almost had accidents because it happens quickly. Brought the car in numerous times and each time they supposedly reset the system. They advised me when it happens and I am near the dealer, not to shut the car off and bring it directly, did that one time they hooked it up to the computer and reset again. There is a Technical Service Bulletin for a fix, they did that and didn't work. Last thing they did was change the brake switch. I don't drive to much, but after that it did it twice but hasn't happened lately. I checked the NTSB web site and there are complaints but no recall on this. Please check further on this site for other posts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts