2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new 2018 Honda Accord Touring last year and was pleased with the cars handling and roomy inside and trunk BUT after driving for a short time the Collision Mitigation System would come up and shut off my cruise control. The only way I can reset it, is by stopping and restarting the car. Utterly unacceptable. I took it to the dealer and I was told this is a safety feature and there was nothing wrong with the car. Unfortunately this will be my last Honda. I tell every person that will listen......don’t buy a Honda!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The symptoms you describe have been discussed in the forums. Does your system provide an error message regarding the CMBS? My 2018 Accord 2.0T EX-L experienced similar problems but have been resolved with a software update (U0401-92 CMBS). You might try documenting your problem with photos and a journal and bring that to your service manager.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for assuring me it isn’t just me. I did take a picture of the error message that showed up on my display. I was told this is a safety feature and perfectly ok. I think I will try another dealership. I like the car but this is driving me crazy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts