2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Accord Hybrid
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I currently have a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid (3.0L V-6) and was considering a used 18+ Accord Sport to replace it in a few years. I like my '05 very much. It has good power (252 hp?) and good economy (34-36 highway). I was wondering if the 1.5L Sport could perform the same with a flash and some mods. What would I have to do to it? Is the oil dilution problem still a thing? Looking forward to your insight on the matter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you want the same 252 HP and 273 torques, get the 2.0T. It is what you want for the Sport version. Its engine can be modified with a larger turbo and/or just tuning like Hondata to perform closer to a Civic type R engine. I've read reviews that folks either love or hate the 6 speed stick. I have the 10 speed AT and paddle shifters and love it. I had a CSV trans with paddle shifters in the past and it was like, "let's play car." The 10 is actually changing real gears, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

I currently have a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid (3.0L V-6) and was considering a used 18+ Accord Sport to replace it in a few years. I like my '05 very much. It has good power (252 hp?) and good economy (34-36 highway). I was wondering if the 1.5L Sport could perform the same with a flash and some mods. What would I have to do to it? Is the oil dilution problem still a thing? Looking forward to your insight on the matter.
I bought a 2018 2.0 Sport, manual about 21 months ago; have 43K on it. I chipped it to 312 hp and it is really quick. I have driven Audi’s and VW manual turbos the past twenty years and I prefer this, my first Honda. Look for a 2.0 Sport!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got an 2018 1.5T. When I purchased it, I didn't have the money for the 2.0T. After about 1.5 years, I regret not getting the 2.0T. Then again, I can afford the 2.0T and may trade it in if the numbers are right. I was planning on getting an intake, exhaust, and KTuner which should bump me up a little bit. I'm not trying to go crazy, this is a family car. I might just save that 2.0T money and go for an S2000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got an 2018 1.5T. When I purchased it, I didn't have the money for the 2.0T. After about 1.5 years, I regret not getting the 2.0T. Then again, I can afford the 2.0T and may trade it in if the numbers are right. I was planning on getting an intake, exhaust, and KTuner which should bump me up a little bit. I'm not trying to go crazy, this is a family car. I might just save that 2.0T money and go for an S2000.
I hear you. Same here..I added the down and front pipe with the exhaust and am running a stage 2 tune. It's definitely more fun and faster but still slower than a stock 2.0t. That maybe my next move in 2 years God willing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.