2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I apologize for my bad English, I communicate with the help of a translator. I have the following question. I used to have a diesel car with a turbine. When driving aggressively on it, it was necessary to let the turbine cool down so that the engine would idle for a couple of minutes. Should I do the same on a new accord, or can I turn off the engine immediately after a hard drive?

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
There is nothing suggested from Honda that you have to do that. Most often after "spirited driving" there is a return to normal driving before shutting car off. Examples: those that race their car after the round of racing they have to return to pit/staging area... "spirited driving" on public roads wouldn't be in your neighborhood allowing a return to normal driving before shutting it off.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
419 Posts
You would have to do that on older turbos to keep bearings from overheating and allow them the chance to cool down. Modern ball bearing turbos and turbo cooling in general don't lead to as many overheating problems the way past turbos did. thats why you don't see turbo timers much anymore the way you used to. Better cooling, better bearings and less friction mean less issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts