2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been getting emails from the dealers telling me all the cleaning and such they’re doing in their dealership.. all goodness but nobody is telling me that the people servicing your vehicle etc are wearing masks or gloves. It’s great that the dealership building door handles and counters are clean..but one person sneezing in your car...

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
Unfortunately until this pandemic is under control and/or a vaccination is found it's the world we live in. Hopefully anyone that is sick/ill are staying at home by choice or by their job making it mandatory... a sick employee puts other employees at risk along w/general public. I would be more concerned of the customers coming/going in the dealership that they can't control. You could always carry some disinfectant wipes in your trunk and wipe down everything you are going to touch in the car when you get back in it. However w/that said we must be vigilant about washing our hands and not putting our hands on our face. Stay safe... stay well.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Unfortunately until this pandemic is under control and/or a vaccination is found it's the world we live in. Hopefully anyone that is sick/ill are staying at home by choice or by their job making it mandatory... a sick employee puts other employees at risk along w/general public. I would be more concerned of the customers coming/going in the dealership that they can't control. You could always carry some disinfectant wipes in your trunk and wipe down everything you are going to touch in the car when you get back in it. However w/that said we must be vigilant about washing our hands and not putting our hands on our face. Stay safe... stay well.
I guess I am taking a reasonably cautious approach, but have a different concern. I did not purchase my 2018 1.5 where I live. In a military town and that dealership and I have not so good history. The dealership I purchased my vehicle from is nearly an hour away so it is not up the street, or across town. They said if your vehicle needs maintenance or repair or service, they will take your car and drop it off at your house when the repair or service is done. That is fine for people who live there, or have someone else who has a vehicle and can pick them up while their vehicle is being repaired. Neither one of those apply so I am hoping I don't have any issues which warrant service.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
I guess I am taking a reasonably cautious approach, but have a different concern. I did not purchase my 2018 1.5 where I live. In a military town and that dealership and I have not so good history. The dealership I purchased my vehicle from is nearly an hour away so it is not up the street, or across town. They said if your vehicle needs maintenance or repair or service, they will take your car and drop it off at your house when the repair or service is done. That is fine for people who live there, or have someone else who has a vehicle and can pick them up while their vehicle is being repaired. Neither one of those apply so I am hoping I don't have any issues which warrant service.
I do understand and appreciate your cautious approach. Unfortunately when it will come to routine or unexpected maintenance we will have to visit a dealership/repair facility. I will say I received an email from my dealership today that they (as w/most "essential" business) are taking extra precautions and doing extra cleaning to protect their employees and customers. Earlier this month I had a routine service and required state safety inspection done on my car and at that time had them look at an accessory I was having issues with... it was determined that the accessory needed to be replaced and because of the current COVID-19 pandemic I haven't been back to have it replaced.

·
Registered
54 Posts
At this point, our state has official stay at home orders. I'm looking at it like this. If it's not absolutely necessary, I'm not doing it. No painting in the house, no regular maintenance on the cars that can't be stretched out just a little bit longer. It means I'm home more and I could be making improvements that I'm not doing, however, I may need that money for some unforeseen circumstances later or worse yet, I get myself, my family or someone else sick because I did something that wasn't necessary. Now, the downside is that businesses will suffer a bit if everyone has that mentality, but man everyone is suffering a bit because of this virus. Once it's safer to do so, those businesses will be booming because people are going to rush out and do the things they couldn't do while they were stuck at home. We will figure out how to revive those businesses and restore jobs once we make sure we survive this as a people. To quote a show I've been watching lately, "one impossible thing at a time."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you use a clorox type disinfectant on a leather steering wheel?

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
Can you use a clorox type disinfectant on a leather steering wheel?
I can't confirm or deny if you can... I probably wouldn't though due to the fact I know what 100% bleach if splashed on colored clothes will do.... however wipes aren't 100% bleach though. :unsure:

Bottom line is the virus doesn't live forever on surfaces and most importantly be vigilant about washing your hands and not putting your hands on your face.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree it is better to be living than to die trying to make a living There is nothing more important than focusing on saving lives.
Thank you for putting it into prospective. I am already having a difficult time medically and can see no physician in person. My fear is by the time this pandemic is over it could have been treated but I ran out of time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.