2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone. I'm having an issue with my 2018 2.0L Touring making a creaking noise coming from what i believe is the HUD display in the dash board. It's driving me nuts! The car is quiet and really comfortable to drive but the creaking is driving me crazy! Anyone else experiencing this? Car only has 300 miles on it. Figured I'd ask before taking it into the dealer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
There have been a couple of similar complaints about odd noises coming from the infotainment/center console area. Not entirely sure what the fix is, but it usually involves uninstalling and reinstalling the dash. Probably better insulation/ sound proofing is placed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There have been a couple of similar complaints about odd noises coming from the infotainment/center console area. Not entirely sure what the fix is, but it usually involves uninstalling and reinstalling the dash. Probably better insulation/ sound proofing is placed.
That definitely sounds like a dealer visit! I hope that it doesn't end up coming to that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The length was roughly 6", and the thickness was 1/4 of an inch. It slides in very easily, from the top of the clear plastic and the base of the HUD cover. For now, it's working and it saves Honda from disassembling the dash. Mine seem to happen when the interior of the car had gotten really hot. They must have been rubbing together. Hope this can help you as well.

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
The length was roughly 6", and the thickness was 1/4 of an inch. It slides in very easily, from the top of the clear plastic and the base of the HUD cover. For now, it's working and it saves Honda from disassembling the dash. Mine seem to happen when the interior of the car had gotten really hot. They must have been rubbing together. Hope this can help you as well.
Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
I did not take HUD cover off. There was enough room between the clear plastic and the bottom of the HUD, so the foam slide in easily between the 2 pieces. I'm not the kind of guy that will start taking apart the dash, nor do not want Honda to as well.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts