2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Administrator
2,877 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Looks good!!! What Chemical Guys products did you end up using and how'd you like them?
There was a kit on Amazon that included Blacklight Hybrant Radiant Finish, Black Luminous Glow Infusion Wax, applicators, and cloths. I used Griot's Garage Speed Shine after the wash to help dry. Then both of those products. I was a little tired after all of that and the Finish, and about skipped the wax, but I figured I had come this far. I did the wax and was surprised how smooth it was. The pictures look better than in person to me, but I'm sitting there judging every paint chip on the front. I finished with CG Tire Kicker Extra Glossy Tire Shine. I like how clean that was using an applicator as recommended. Happy with the end product, but now wish I had no paint chips and a clear bra.

· Registered
13 Posts
There was a kit on Amazon that included Blacklight Hybrant Radiant Finish, Black Luminous Glow Infusion Wax, applicators, and cloths. I used Griot's Garage Speed Shine after the wash to help dry. Then both of those products. I was a little tired after all of that and the Finish, and about skipped the wax, but I figured I had come this far. I did the wax and was surprised how smooth it was. The pictures look better than in person to me, but I'm sitting there judging every paint chip on the front. I finished with CG Tire Kicker Extra Glossy Tire Shine. I like how clean that was using an applicator as recommended. Happy with the end product, but now wish I had no paint chips and a clear bra.
Now that I look at it, it looks as good if not better than when I bought it a month ago.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Now that I look at it, it looks as good if not better than when I bought it a month ago.
Glad you're happy w/the Chemical Guys products for black (dark) cars. Lot of work but well worth it... you're better than me when I use either the Hydrant or Wax I take a couple days to do the car and only use one at a time. :D

Unfortunately with the dark(er) painted Accord's chips will show more than the lighter colors. The paint used on the cars or the material it's painted on chips very easily. 😢

My guess is (if it was like my car) it does look better than when you purchased the car. People washing/detailing vehicles do multiple cars a day and as you have found out today doing one car really good takes time and effort... not an easy task to do it correctly. I ordered my car due to me wanting Ivory interior, picked it up a couple days after it was delivered to dealer after accessories were installed, and even at that it needed a good detailing by me when I got it home.

· Registered
13 Posts
Glad you're happy w/the Chemical Guys products for black (dark) cars. Lot of work but well worth it... you're better than me when I use either the Hydrant or Wax I take a couple days to do the car and only use one at a time. :D

Unfortunately with the dark(er) painted Accord's chips will show more than the lighter colors. The paint used on the cars or the material it's painted on chips very easily. 😢

My guess is (if it was like my car) it does look better than when you purchased the car. People washing/detailing vehicles do multiple cars a day and as you have found out today doing one car really good takes time and effort... not an easy task to do it correctly. I ordered my car due to me wanting Ivory interior, picked it up a couple days after it was delivered to dealer after accessories were installed, and even at that it needed a good detailing by me when I got it home.
You got ivory interior in a black car? Have pics? Mine is black interior

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
You got ivory interior in a black car? Have pics? Mine is black interior
Yes, I do have the ivory interior. Majority of the black cars came w/black interior and I wanted mine to be different. 🙂

Only have a few (not so good) pics on hand at the moment of the interior...

Attachments

· Registered
1 Posts
I absolutely love my car. I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world. i know that's a bold statement, but it's true. Comment down below if you want more pictures because I have dozens more or you can follow my IG: @st3alth_accord (Shameless Plug) First three pictures was taken on the day of delivery. Last two are the most recent pictures of what it looks like now.
Automotive design Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Steering part Automotive design Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive design Vehicle Land vehicle
Mode of transport Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

· Registered
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T-10spd
51 Posts
Looks good 18Accord_2.errr. I just got my '18 LX, and it's stock, so no reason to post pics... but plan to tint, get some floor mats, then blk out the tail lights just like you did, add spoiler, some interior mods, then new wheels... Good to see all these great examples in here!
Thank you!

Check out Cruxmoto ( Accord | Crux Motorsports ) for the vinyl overlays for the window chrome delete and tail light tint. Their vinyl is good quality and fit perfectly.

· Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
341 Posts
2022 Accord Sport 2.0T
Yofer Kit
KTuner V2
PRL Flex Fuel Kit
Mishimoto Intake
DC STB
Progress RSB
Enkei Victory 20x8.5
5% LLUMAR IRX Ceramic Tint