2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is mine 2019 accord 1.5 and I have aged a cold air intake which sounds fantastic. Attempting to black it out but difficult with the shipping issues of late

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's my first time posting pictures. The leaf collection people came yesterday and I had leaf dust all over my car. I washed and used a couple Chemical Guys products specific for black paint. Criticism/recommendations are welcome.

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks good!!! What Chemical Guys products did you end up using and how'd you like them?
There was a kit on Amazon that included Blacklight Hybrant Radiant Finish, Black Luminous Glow Infusion Wax, applicators, and cloths. I used Griot's Garage Speed Shine after the wash to help dry. Then both of those products. I was a little tired after all of that and the Finish, and about skipped the wax, but I figured I had come this far. I did the wax and was surprised how smooth it was. The pictures look better than in person to me, but I'm sitting there judging every paint chip on the front. I finished with CG Tire Kicker Extra Glossy Tire Shine. I like how clean that was using an applicator as recommended. Happy with the end product, but now wish I had no paint chips and a clear bra.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There was a kit on Amazon that included Blacklight Hybrant Radiant Finish, Black Luminous Glow Infusion Wax, applicators, and cloths. I used Griot's Garage Speed Shine after the wash to help dry. Then both of those products. I was a little tired after all of that and the Finish, and about skipped the wax, but I figured I had come this far. I did the wax and was surprised how smooth it was. The pictures look better than in person to me, but I'm sitting there judging every paint chip on the front. I finished with CG Tire Kicker Extra Glossy Tire Shine. I like how clean that was using an applicator as recommended. Happy with the end product, but now wish I had no paint chips and a clear bra.
Now that I look at it, it looks as good if not better than when I bought it a month ago.

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
Now that I look at it, it looks as good if not better than when I bought it a month ago.
Glad you're happy w/the Chemical Guys products for black (dark) cars. Lot of work but well worth it... you're better than me when I use either the Hydrant or Wax I take a couple days to do the car and only use one at a time. :D

Unfortunately with the dark(er) painted Accord's chips will show more than the lighter colors. The paint used on the cars or the material it's painted on chips very easily. 😢

My guess is (if it was like my car) it does look better than when you purchased the car. People washing/detailing vehicles do multiple cars a day and as you have found out today doing one car really good takes time and effort... not an easy task to do it correctly. I ordered my car due to me wanting Ivory interior, picked it up a couple days after it was delivered to dealer after accessories were installed, and even at that it needed a good detailing by me when I got it home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad you're happy w/the Chemical Guys products for black (dark) cars. Lot of work but well worth it... you're better than me when I use either the Hydrant or Wax I take a couple days to do the car and only use one at a time. :D

Unfortunately with the dark(er) painted Accord's chips will show more than the lighter colors. The paint used on the cars or the material it's painted on chips very easily. 😢

My guess is (if it was like my car) it does look better than when you purchased the car. People washing/detailing vehicles do multiple cars a day and as you have found out today doing one car really good takes time and effort... not an easy task to do it correctly. I ordered my car due to me wanting Ivory interior, picked it up a couple days after it was delivered to dealer after accessories were installed, and even at that it needed a good detailing by me when I got it home.
You got ivory interior in a black car? Have pics? Mine is black interior

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
You got ivory interior in a black car? Have pics? Mine is black interior
Yes, I do have the ivory interior. Majority of the black cars came w/black interior and I wanted mine to be different. 🙂

Only have a few (not so good) pics on hand at the moment of the interior...

Attachments

41 - 50 of 50 Posts