1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost let's get numbers out of the way:

FlexFuel - 360whp/340lbs @ 4500
93 Octane - 325whp/320lbs @ 3300

I have attached my dyno results below...

All my performance work has been done by Derrick at Innovative Motorworks in Carlisle Pa, these guys are recommended by PRL.

So, this time around, I pretty much had the whole PRL line up for the 2.0t installed. FMIC, downpipe, Intake etc, along with Ktuner, and of course the CTR Turbo. Now, I don't know what I was going to expect. The car just has raw power, that's the best way I can explain. It's most definitely not smooth. Once turbo kicks in, you will feel it. To my surprise though, the car overall feels like it has more "umph" especially just at normal cruising, you can feel the increased throttle response. Everything just feels quicker.

Now to the bad side, I already had issues with the Borla exhuast and it's droning and just over all crappy note. Well it's 1000 times worse, the car is much, much louder. The exhaust drone is much more pronounced. Derrick suggested going back to the stock exhaust or getting larger mufflers. I am going to check a well know exhaust shop here in Maryland, and I will come up with something. If I have to go full custom, I will because I am close to 40 and that exhaust note doesn't fit me nor the car for that matter.

Oh, and I will need new brakes too. lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,480 Posts
Congrats!!! Those are some nice numbers... bet it's a blast to drive. If you can could you post video's from inside and outside of your car while driving... interested in hearing how loud the drone is from the exhaust. TIA

BTW... You need to get one of these your car has earned it. ?...

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you want to run the higher power tune all the time I highly recommend a water meth system. I can find logs from years ago showing -20c below ambient intake temps on a VW 2.0t. Something around a 375ml nozzle would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Now to the bad side, I already had issues with the Borla exhuast and it's droning and just over all crappy note. Well it's 1000 times worse, the car is much, much louder. The exhaust drone is much more pronounced. Derrick suggested going back to the stock exhaust or getting larger mufflers. I am going to check a well know exhaust shop here in Maryland, and I will come up with something. If I have to go full custom, I will because I am close to 40 and that exhaust note doesn't fit me nor the car for that matter.
I have similar tastes, where I appreciate a somewhat louder than stock experience without being "obnoxious" to me. It's a personal decision. I added a Borla resonator to my Borla system (where the front resonator was on the stock system). That helped a few decibels. More recently I removed the chrome exhaust finishers and put "quad" tips on. If you do this be sure to keep the tips well away from the plastic bodywork since I've had some modest deforming / melting. It's a work in progress, so no pics yet. What I do know is the sound in the car is much deeper now that the Borla exhaust does not dump into the reverberating echoing cave of a chamber of the stock finishers. If I did it again I'd look into ditching the stock finishers before adding a resonator.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have similar tastes, where I appreciate a somewhat louder than stock experience without being "obnoxious" to me. It's a personal decision. I added a Borla resonator to my Borla system (where the front resonator was on the stock system). That helped a few decibels. More recently I removed the chrome exhaust finishers and put "quad" tips on. If you do this be sure to keep the tips well away from the plastic bodywork since I've had some modest deforming / melting. It's a work in progress, so no pics yet. What I do know is the sound in the car is much deeper now that the Borla exhaust does not dump into the reverberating echoing cave of a chamber of the stock finishers. If I did it again I'd look into dirching the stock finishers before adding a resonator.
What is the part number for the Borla resonator?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Those are very Stout numbers. I got 355/366, FBO, E33, CTR Swap with custom exhaust. I know what you're speaking, the raw power that the Accord pulls is amazing. The top end is incredible as well.

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you ever find the right exhaust set up, please do let me know. I personally love how the car sounds at Pure Stock, but I MUST have the quad Tip's going with the silly Fake chrome delete lol

I too refuse to drive a car that sounds like those slow Hondas from the 90's with hole sin the muffler lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have similar tastes, where I appreciate a somewhat louder than stock experience without being "obnoxious" to me. It's a personal decision. I added a Borla resonator to my Borla system (where the front resonator was on the stock system). That helped a few decibels. More recently I removed the chrome exhaust finishers and put "quad" tips on. If you do this be sure to keep the tips well away from the plastic bodywork since I've had some modest deforming / melting. It's a work in progress, so no pics yet. What I do know is the sound in the car is much deeper now that the Borla exhaust does not dump into the reverberating echoing cave of a chamber of the stock finishers. If I did it again I'd look into ditching the stock finishers before adding a resonator.
Here are pics of the tips I added:

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
73 Posts
I would suggest putting the stock system back on with just a muffler delete. From the videos I've seen on youtube about that, it seems that it ups the exhaust note a little without any drone. Muffler and resonator delete = muy malo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's the mild plastic black trim between the bumper cover and the exhaust tips which deformed some - not the cover itself. I don't think it was ever intended to resist any heat. I recently trimmed off the couple inches that deformed and it hasn't expanded any - yet. We'll see how that goes, particularly once we're allowed to get out and about more and the weather warms up. I did not have to remove the bumper cover or exhaust to remove the exhaust finishers, though it's not easy to get at the three nuts holding them on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you do the swap yourself or did you get help? I just ask because I'm looking to do the same with my accord but I'm not nearly skilled enough to do it myself and looking to where I can either take it to get it done or help in getting it done. I'm in the Sacramento area in CA

·
Registered
280 Posts
Did you do the swap yourself or did you get help? I just ask because I'm looking to do the same with my accord but I'm not nearly skilled enough to do it myself and looking to where I can either take it to get it done or help in getting it done. I'm in the Sacramento area in CA
There's some good videos on youtube that walk you through the process. If you're fairly handy, you could probably do it over a weekend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yea Ive looked at all the videos on YouTube, multiple times lol. I'm just not that handy unfortunately. Like when I watch the videos, I can understand like the first half and then I get lost. I don't trust myself to do it so that's why I'm trying to reach out. I've done most of the mods myself but they've been fairly straightforward and haven't required taking apart a good portion of my car.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yea Ive looked at all the videos on YouTube, multiple times lol. I'm just not that handy unfortunately. Like when I watch the videos, I can understand like the first half and then I get lost. I don't trust myself to do it so that's why I'm trying to reach out. I've done most of the mods myself but they've been fairly straightforward and haven't required taking apart a good portion of my car.
Funny you say that, I only watched the first half of those videos then told myself I'm content with the stock turbo lol

I bet the last half gets tricky because it gets to a point you can't just imagine it, until you've actually taken apart the first half and can see the steps and compare to the videos.

Hopefully you can find a good shop to do this for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks I hope so too. It's something I've wanted to do to it since I first heard about it. I like how the stock turbo launches you, and I know the CTR turbo won't do it like that but when it does kick, it's whole different vehicle. If I ever get it done I'll let you know lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks I hope so too. It's something I've wanted to do to it since I first heard about it. I like how the stock turbo launches you, and I know the CTR turbo won't do it like that but when it does kick, it's whole different vehicle. If I ever get it done I'll let you know lol
#badinfluencegang

I had to pull myself back, 3 months ago I was looking in to the CTR turbo and the CTR front seats. I've only had the car 6months! I should enjoy it as is for a while longer I think.

Keep us posted tho! Looking forward to seeing progress on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lol yea the turbo upgrade is the last on my mod list. I figured I'd get it FBO and try as much as the tunes to get the most out of it before changing it's turbo. I'm on phearable's stage 3 right now with HVI, dp/fp, torque mounts, and catch can. Tomorrow im installing the flex fuel kit and trying the stage 4 tune

·
Registered
280 Posts
Lol yea the turbo upgrade is the last on my mod list. I figured I'd get it FBO and try as much as the tunes to get the most out of it before changing it's turbo. I'm on phearable's stage 3 right now with HVI, dp/fp, torque mounts, and catch can. Tomorrow im installing the flex fuel kit and trying the stage 4 tune
That's great! Let us know how that goes.

I have the HVI, FMIC, top engine mount and Hondata Stage 2 with a custom single exit exhaust so far. Planning to install the DP next week and catch can in the next couple of months.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts