2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice, I need to get the intercooler really soon. The heat that everything is producing is just screaming heatsoak. I've been curious about hondata but haven't tried it yet, but was going to get it when I do the turbo upgrade since it has a few basemaps for it I believe

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice, I need to get the intercooler really soon. The heat that everything is producing is just screaming heatsoak. I've been curious about hondata but haven't tried it yet, but was going to get it when I do the turbo upgrade since it has a few basemaps for it I believe
Yeah. When you're ready, I would recommend figuring out who you want to get the car tuned by and then decide based on their preference between Hondata or Ktuner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks I hope so too. It's something I've wanted to do to it since I first heard about it. I like how the stock turbo launches you, and I know the CTR turbo won't do it like that but when it does kick, it's whole different vehicle. If I ever get it done I'll let you know lol
actually the ctr turbo will "launch" you slighty harder on the kick down when you floor it. This because rpms ends up around 5k when trans upshift to lower gear. However from a dead stop ctr turbo is slower by 2k rpm. When using ctr turbo you just have to wait till the rpms rise 2k rpm more compared to stock turbo. Or just drop down one gear to raise the rpms. I know what youre mean about stock turbo though because I too love ghosting cars at the light without even reaching higher rpms. lol but if you were on the highway youll surely prefer the ctr turbo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm usually on the highway, and I really can't wait to get it installed! I'm planning on getting the Mitsubishi stage 2 upgraded CTR turbo instead of the OEM one. The gains are way more on it plus it doesn't take as long to spool up. I can't wait!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Question, I'm using ktuner at the moment but I've been considering moving to hondata. How're you liking it? And does it have a CTR turbo swap basemap with bolt ons or still just the flash tune with no add ons?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord 2.0T
50 Posts
First and foremost let's get numbers out of the way:

FlexFuel - 360whp/340lbs @ 4500
93 Octane - 325whp/320lbs @ 3300

I have attached my dyno results below...

All my performance work has been done by Derrick at Innovative Motorworks in Carlisle Pa, these guys are recommended by PRL.

So, this time around, I pretty much had the whole PRL line up for the 2.0t installed. FMIC, downpipe, Intake etc, along with Ktuner, and of course the CTR Turbo. Now, I don't know what I was going to expect. The car just has raw power, that's the best way I can explain. It's most definitely not smooth. Once turbo kicks in, you will feel it. To my surprise though, the car overall feels like it has more "umph" especially just at normal cruising, you can feel the increased throttle response. Everything just feels quicker.

Now to the bad side, I already had issues with the Borla exhuast and it's droning and just over all crappy note. Well it's 1000 times worse, the car is much, much louder. The exhaust drone is much more pronounced. Derrick suggested going back to the stock exhaust or getting larger mufflers. I am going to check a well know exhaust shop here in Maryland, and I will come up with something. If I have to go full custom, I will because I am close to 40 and that exhaust note doesn't fit me nor the car for that matter.

Oh, and I will need new brakes too. lol
I am going to be completing logs for IMW as well. I have the ktuner v2. I have never logged anything. I see there is a log button on the ktuner. Am I able to use that button similar to start and stop then download each log from the ktuner? Our builds are pretty similar.

Thanks,
Cory

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's great! Let us know how that goes.

I have the HVI, FMIC, top engine mount and Hondata Stage 2 with a custom single exit exhaust so far. Planning to install the DP next week and catch can in the next couple of months.
So 2 weeks ago I finally installed the upgraded turbo! I went with the MHI stage 2 upgraded CTR turbo and it's such a difference! Has already exceeded my expectations and I'm still just on pump gas! Trust me it's worth it. I did the install myself instead of a shop, and you can still use the oem inlet if you want without shaving anything down if you get the p2r gasket.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts