2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few CVT related posts, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. I apologize in advance if I missed a forum with the answer.

What's the HP/TQ limits of the CVT in the 2018 accord? I'd like to do some light modding, such as the usual intake/exhaust/tune, but I want to make sure I keep it well within a safe range for the CVT. I'll be putting ~50,000mi a year on the car, so I plan on babying it lol. I don't drive it too wildly, and more or less want the extra power for fun's sake. Would 220~230whp be a valid range to aim for?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
check out the forums at civicx.com and you'll find plenty about guys running tunes and whatever else on the cvt. Your basic bolt ons won't put you anywhere near the threshold of that transmission. Plenty of guys running tunes and bolt ons every day. You said you won't be thrashing it regularly so mod away and enjoy it, you should be good in that hp range though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.