2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the optional front sport grill installed this weekend. The Red emblem is from Corsport and does not come with the optional grill.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Finally got the optional front sport grill installed this weekend. The Red emblem is from Corsport and does not come with the optional grill.
Looking great! Did you had to remove the bumper to install it?
The Garnish or 'Black chrome' on the grill - Does the black color has a certain lifespan or is similar to any Chrome grill except its black? As an alternative, I was planning to do a Chrome Delete/Black vinyl wrap on my stock grill, but if this grill has a good life and can withstand abrasions,looks like its a better option.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looking great! Did you had to remove the bumper to install it?
The Garnish or 'Black chrome' on the grill - Does the black color has a certain lifespan or is similar to any Chrome grill except its black? As an alternative, I was planning to do a Chrome Delete/Black vinyl wrap on my stock grill, but if this grill has a good life and can withstand abrasions,looks like its a better option.
Yes, you will need to remove the entire front bumper to do the install.

The replacement grille is an OEM Honda part. It's difficult to assume usage, but it'll have the same lifespan as the grille that came with your Accord.

The black chrome insert within the "blackout" grille is also the same finish as the stock Accord Sport grille.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can’t decide between the Advan RSII and the Gram Lights 57BNA. I like them to tuck in just a hair so I don’t think I will go as far out as +35 (Flush) but want more than than the stock +50. So I’m thinking 20x9 +40 or +38.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can’t decide between the Advan RSII and the Gram Lights 57BNA. I like them to tuck in just a hair so I don’t think I will go as far out as +35 (Flush) but want more than than the stock +50. So I’m thinking 20x9 +40 or +38.
I don't think you'd go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rays Gram light 57BNA finally arrived after 5 months of waiting. 19x8.5 +36. Stock OEM tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I were going to order the wheels again today. Rays just started to make the same 57BNA in a 20” with the face 2 (deep dish design). I would get these if I was to order them right now. Rays Gram Lights 57BNA 20x8.5 +40. Face 2, Color HF, 5x114.3.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A buddy of mine asked me today what I believe to be the perfect offset for the 10th generation accord. I told him that it depends on what style you prefer. I personally like my wheels and tires flush or slightly tucked. I would stay with an 8.5” width and a +38 or a +40 offset. I also like my tires with straight walls and I think a 245/35R20 is perfect for a 20” wheel. Keep in mind this is a DD and needs to be comfortable enough to drive clients around of all ages when we are buying houses so I cannot make it as aggressive (low and wide) as I would prefer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I did the Sports grill with chrome insert on my Touring model. Since my car is red I did not do the H logo in red but did do it on my steering wheel. This grill looks so much better than OEM stock!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts