2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (Still Night Pearl)
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I finished installing my DC Sports Catback Exhaust. Below is a review. I will be posting pictures and a YouTube video within the next few days once I have someone to film for me so stay tuned for some revs, launches, and cold start soon!

Quality: The quality of this exhaust is even better than I expected. Being the most expensive exhaust system for this platform on the market, you definitely get what you pay for. The metal was perfect, steel was shiny and polished, the tips were pristine and the welds are clean and consistent. Everything packaged and wrapped in plastic and bubble wrap. Came in two boxes. No quality issues could be found.

Performance: I feel like there is a possible power gain. It is hard to tell since it would be minimal but getting rid of those two massive mufflers and two resonators had to have helped with providing some small gains.

Sound: Before ordering this exhaust I have watched everything video, and read every forum post about this exhaust. Based on what I have read most said this exhaust was pretty tame in ECO mode or with normal driving habits. I also read you can really make it sound nice if you want to. With this being said it is a lot louder than I expected, and had a lot more drone than I expected. I still like this exhaust but it sure doesn't shine in the cabin, although it does sound very nice outside of the car. I noticed little revs can cause small burbles and crackles. Did some hard driving and got a few pops on downshifts which was cool. Overall, I am happy and plan to keep this setup. I just wish it did not drone as much. I will make a YouTube video demonstrating every thing soon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You need to break-in the exhaust first. I had the same experience, but after 4-500 miles the sound mellowed out and got even lower. The first 200 miles I didn't go crazy, drove like a granny. Got the exhaust in January and now I'm 5k miles in and it sounds perfect, no drone, quiet when I'm not on it, nice tone when on it with no raspy-ness.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (Still Night Pearl)
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to break-in the exhaust first. I had the same experience, but after 4-500 miles the sound mellowed out and got even lower. The first 200 miles I didn't go crazy, drove like a granny. Got the exhaust in January and now I'm 5k miles in and it sounds perfect, no drone, quiet when I'm not on it, nice tone when on it with no raspy-ness.
Awesome, that is good to hear!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Awesome, that is good to hear!
Thanks to you both for sharing your experiences. I'll be getting this next summer.

·
Administrator
2,658 Posts
Last night I finished installing my DC Sports Catback Exhaust. Below is a review. I will be posting pictures and a YouTube video within the next few days once I have someone to film for me so stay tuned for some revs, launches, and cold start soon!
Had a chance to get the pictures/videos done... anxiously waiting. 😁

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haha they will be next week. Had to make an unexpected trip out of the country so I have not had a chance to yet!
Hey man just stumbled on this thread! Any chance you have those sound clips, I've been trying to hunt down some clips that will show how loud it is in the cabin and whether there is any drone. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey man just stumbled on this thread! Any chance you have those sound clips, I've been trying to hunt down some clips that will show how loud it is in the cabin and whether there is any drone. Thank you in advance!
Hey man, I have this exact exhaust on my car and have had it for just about a year now and I will tell you, it definitely has some drone. I am currently looking around the forum to see how people have treated their drone from this exhaust/other exhausts haha. It is a really great sounding exhaust, but it has become a bit loud for my taste. Anything above maybe 30% throttle and 2500 RPM has a pretty significant "booming" sound to it that resonates throughout the entire interior. Anything between 60-80 MPH has pretty bad drone, not gonna lie to you man. I am thinking about maybe throwing a Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator or even a pass through muffler in the system to try and deaden the sound a bit. You always want music or conversations while highway driving/cruising, and man the drone gets in the way! Just a heads up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man, I have this exact exhaust on my car and have had it for just about a year now and I will tell you, it definitely has some drone. I am currently looking around the forum to see how people have treated their drone from this exhaust/other exhausts haha. It is a really great sounding exhaust, but it has become a bit loud for my taste. Anything above maybe 30% throttle and 2500 RPM has a pretty significant "booming" sound to it that resonates throughout the entire interior. Anything between 60-80 MPH has pretty bad drone, not gonna lie to you man. I am thinking about maybe throwing a Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator or even a pass through muffler in the system to try and deaden the sound a bit. You always want music or conversations while highway driving/cruising, and man the drone gets in the way! Just a heads up.
Hey Mason, thank you so much for this info, I'll definitely be looking into other exhausts, I've had plenty of drone in my life... Or look into adding a resonator or more to this exhaust like you are choosing to do! Can't get over the looks on this exhaust though :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
What other modifications have you done to the car besides exhaust?

·
Registered
33 Posts
What other modifications have you done to the car besides exhaust?
RV6 catted down pipe, PRL front pipe, PRL HVI, PRL Intercooler, PRL Turbo Inlet, CTR turbo, etc... Pretty much everything at this point which doesn't help, but even when I was KTuner Stage 2, Intake, and exhaust only, I still had the issues :(

·
Registered
148 Posts
It seems with your mods it wouldn't matter what type of exhaust you have, I could be wrong tho. Couple of my friends that have similar mod setup as yours ended up taking it out within weeks because of the very same issue, drone. I have droning issues around 3k, but I can mitigate that by shifting and getting off that rpm range. I'm guessing a solution is adding a vibrant resonator, but that'll alter the sound for sure.

Hopefully you find a solution. Btw, are you in the 11sec quarter mile range? Or low 12s?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts