2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Honda accord 2.0t that just recently had the issue of a deep tick that sounds almost like grinding from the transmission when stopped in drive. Sometimes it goes away only for it to come back 3 minutes later. Dealer told me the exhaust was making that noise but I don't understand how my exhaust could make a grinding/ticking noise only while stopped in drive. My car only has 30,000 miles and this is my first problem with it. Please help

·
Super Moderator
2,479 Posts
Dealer told me the exhaust was making that noise but I don't understand how my exhaust could make a grinding/ticking noise only while stopped in drive.
Did they say what could be done to correct this? Since the determined the cause they should've offered a remedy to correct it.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
399 Posts
It's possible something came loose and your grind or tick is the exhaust either rattling again something or another piece rattling and you only notice it at idle. There is lots of other noise happening while you're driving and the frequency might be just right that it "goes away" while driving.

·
Super Moderator
2,479 Posts
It's possible something came loose and your grind or tick is the exhaust either rattling again something or another piece rattling and you only notice it at idle. There is lots of other noise happening while you're driving and the frequency might be just right that it "goes away" while driving.
That's why I was asking if they offered a remedy for the issue. I would hate to think that they determined the problem and didn't correct it on the spot or either offer a remedy to fix it.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
399 Posts
You'd sure hope so but you never know these days. Some shops and dealers are just flat out lazy even though labor hours directly benefit them...

·
Super Moderator
2,479 Posts
True. I wouldn't have left without them suggesting or offering a fix for it. IMO if I bring a vehicle in for a problem, they diagnose it then they should offer a remedy to correct it... if they can't fix it offer suggestions to where I can go to get it fixed. That's just good customer service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts