2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why there seem to be Different Names for White Metallic Flake = Diamond . .

Here's a few Pic's just Cleaned off all the Bugs and Thank You all for any Help - as I'm little Lost on this New Ride ..still trying to Figure out everyday stuff ..
Like this 0-20W Oil - Wow is that Light . .

I'll Try Up Load them .. MY Links are Video's or Slides , but I No currently using that Site since they went
an Boosted everyone for Cash ..

Ooops My Files are all to Large . . Man - I'm on 4K Now so everything is Huge . . Be back in Moment . .

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took Off the Rims to Check Things Out - Not so Good .. I Guess If You don't ask the Dealers to Properly Prep Your New Honda Nothing gets done ..

First Off - the First 60 Days of Ownership all Adjustments and Proper Care should be Address with Dealer .. Period !
Door Hinges , Truck Hinges , Brakes Bleed Out to get Rid of Manufacturing - Debris etc. , also 4 Wheel Aliment etc.
Wheel Balancing also . . , Tire Pressure everything under the Sun ..
Not Happy with These Crappy looking Rotors , which also Stained the New Rims - etc.

New Honda 6 Months Old - that's BS as My 2015 VW CC Calipers where Spotless 3 yrs later at Time of Trade . Rotors have Plating ..
This Can't be Plating , it Only at Best a Wash of Flash - Cheap - Silver Protection Coat came right Off with Light Sanding - Yep - BS !

1. Clean Up
2. Convert any Rust that can't be seen with Naked Eye ..
3. Clean Again
4. Prime High Temp Ceramic Paint 900 Degree .
5. Check , If Good to Go - Top Coat .

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Cleaned with some Great small Tools - I Own , then More Prep as Stated above .. ,more Cleaning , Converting , Cleaning again , Checked , Primed .
Checked again - Final Paint . .

This Crap will also Damage the Rims - Build Up on Rotor could Lead to Wobble or Vibration in Wheel .
So Also Cleaned - Prepped Rim - Painted and Baked on Sun for 3 Hours . . I forgot to take a Picture it was Dam Hot Today !

While I was in there Figured Good Time to Paint the Calipers Lime Green , Auto Zone and Other didn't have any , so I choice
Simple Silver .. Two Coats . . this will Keep Rims from Corroding ! Especially for You Guys Up North !

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts