2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,066 Posts
I say it's all Air Pressure in Tires ~ Rear ( Ride Quality ) and Bad Rare Alignment which effects Ride Height ..
The Other Item ~ New Spring most likely weren't settled yet .. ( New ) just My 55 Cents

· Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,066 Posts
Only camber affects ride height, not toe changes. Does the 10th gen Accord have camber adjustment? Honda never allowed for camber adjustment in any of their models except for the S2000.

Springs - yes. As I mentioned in my original post it could be either shorter springs, or different spring material or spring rates that allow for quicker settling - OR as I mentioned earlier they could have installed larger/thicker upper shock bushings or lower spring seats which would compress the spring more.

Anyway, I will be checking the alignment soon, because excessive toe-out or toe set at the limit (negative/out) of the factory recommended range can affect ride quality a little.

Pressures are set at 33 all around as per the door sticker. I had them at 35 psi before and did not notice a difference in ride comfort going to 33 or the clunking-type sound from the rear getting reduced over rough road surfaces. I will not attempt anything lower than 33 with these low profile tires. The car actually handled slightly better with 35psi, and IMO these tires would perform and last longer with 34 - 35psi.

LOL Haa Man that's a lot of Horn Blowing :
Last I Checked ~ Just Like I Stated : I say it's all Air Pressure in Tires ~ Rear ( Ride Quality ) and Bad Rare Alignment which effects Ride Height ..
The Other Item ~ New Spring most likely weren't settled yet .. ( Newer Build vs Older Build as Cars Generally Built Months Ealier ) just My 55 Cents
( Never Mentioned Toe , so Don't put Words in Month that aren't there ! )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.