2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to find how to disable the remote opening of all windows & moonroof. Why? Because three times this happened to me accidentally probably because I was carrying different things in my pocket besides the key fob and buttons got pushed which shouldn’t have. I could not find ONE solution to this problem until a friend of mine, who recently bought a similar car, worked out the problem.

THE SOLUTION TO DISABLE THE REMOTE OPENING OF ALL WINDOWS & MOONROOF IS TO DISABLE THE REMOTE START OF THE VEHICLE.

This is thanks to my friend, Mel.

·
Super Moderator
826 Posts
Thanks for the tip. In case anyone is interested in where the setting mentioned above is located see attachment below.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Here are my thoughts about the issue:

1. The best solution is to not put your remote in your pocket. Attach it (and keys) to a D-Ring hooked to your belt loop. No more accidental button pushes on the remote. Plus, your pockets are less bulky.
  2. I fail to see how Remote Start has anything to do with opening the windows and moonroof.
  3. What if I want to keep the Remote Start feature? Then what?
  4. Not all Accords have the Remote Start feature. So, the solution to disable the Remote Start won't work for them.
  5. See #1.

·
Super Moderator
826 Posts
I found a leather fob holder on Amazon w/Honda logo similar to this - SHANG MEDING Black Premium Leather Car Key Chain Coin Holder Zipper Case Remote Wallet Bag… unfortunately they are not showing the "Honda" one currently. This case keeps buttons from inadvertently being activated and also keeps the fob looking new. I have my car set up so doors unlock when I grab the handle and car locks when I exit and close door(s) with security activating when I walk away. I never have to use the fob unless I want to activate the remote start and have been using Hondalink remote start during the trial period instead of using the fob at all.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well that's going to be an unfortunate work around come winter. And I can honestly say I've never used a key fob to open all my windows before. Why not just set up the car to auto lock/unlock?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I know that I can open the windows and sunroof with the remote. Is there a way to close them with the remote?
No, the remote cannot be used to close the windows and moonroof.

However, you can do it with the built-in key by turning the lock twice and holding the key in the lock position the second time. (See page 188 of the Owner's Manual).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
826 Posts
No, the remote cannot be used to close the windows and moonroof.

However, you can do it with the built-in key by turning the lock twice and holding the key in the lock position the second time. (See page 188 of the Owner's Manual).
Thanks for information, however how many actually use that key in the first place... it would have been a lot nicer if Honda would have engineered the ability to return them via the remote by holding the buttons down again that you got to get them open/go down in the first place (See page 187 of the Owner's Manual). :sad:

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for information, however how many actually use that key in the first place... it would have been a lot nicer if Honda would have engineered the ability to return them via the remote by holding the buttons down again that you got to get them open/go down in the first place (See page 187 of the Owner's Manual). :sad:
I know ... I feel your pain.

My last 3 Accords had the remote feature for the windows and moonroof, and I use the feature a lot during the warm months. Like you, I was disappointed that the remote can't be used to close the windows and moonroof. I was hoping that Honda had changed that for the 2018 Accord, but no luck.

P.S., I've gotten used to using the key to close everything back up. Actually, I had a spare key made because I got tired of fumbling with the built-in key. It seems silly, but it's actually more convenient.

·
Super Moderator
826 Posts
I know ... I feel your pain.

My last 3 Accords had the remote feature for the windows and moonroof, and I use the feature a lot during the warm months. Like you, I was disappointed that the remote can't be used to close the windows and moonroof. I was hoping that Honda had changed that for the 2018 Accord, but no luck.

P.S., I've gotten used to using the key to close everything back up. Actually, I had a spare key made because I got tired of fumbling with the built-in key. It seems silly, but it's actually more convenient.
Now that's a good idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts