2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to change to a prl front pipe, down pipe, prl intercooler, Borland exhaust system and and injen intake do I need the car to be tuned. And in the future with all these performance parts on it will it pass deq in Oregon? Thanks

·
Administrator
2,615 Posts
Can't speak to the Oregon test... but if you're installing all the performance parts you mentioned a tuner/tune would definitely be a benefit. I would add it would also insure you don't damage the motor by it not running within the correct air/fuel ratios throughout the RPM range. In stock form your car has been dialed in to the stock components... you're changing air/fuel/exhaust components and it should be dialed into those new components.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I were to change to a prl front pipe, down pipe, prl intercooler, Borland exhaust system and and injen intake do I need the car to be tuned. And in the future with all these performance parts on it will it pass deq in Oregon? Thanks
Mostly it will be the intake that will change you fuel trims, so your MAF scale will need to be adjusted. Especially with injen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In theory anything you change performance wise requires the car run a new tune. That being said in reality that isn't always the case. If you are just doing an exhaust system you'd be fine but since you're doing an intake with also front and down pipes, yes you need a tune. There are a ton of threads on this site that talks about the different ways you can go. Hondata and K-Tuner are the most popular but I plan on running a JB4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts