2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
2,844 Posts
Are you speaking of the engine/motor turning on/off when stopped (my wife's Acura TLX has that feature)? If so no the 2.0T doesn't do that... I didn't realize/know the 1.5T did.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a module that disable it. But I'm currently using a Sport Always On module from the same manufacturer. It sets Sport Mode as the default as soon as I start the engine. In Sport Mode, Auto Idle Stop is off by default even without pressing the button. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention the website or company name.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine is a '21 Sport 1.5T CVT. Honda started adding it on this year's Accord. These are the other Honda vehicles that have Auto Idle Stop:

Accord 1.5L 2021
Passport 19-2021
Pilot 16-18
Pilot 19-2022
Ridgeline 20-2022
Odyssey 18-2022
CR-V 20-2022
Civic (All models) 2022

Acura
RDX 19-2022
MDX 16-2020
MDX 2022
TLX 15-2020
TLX 2021 (including Type S)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 21 ex-l with the 1.5t and the cvt currently has a k tuner dual tune on it. I was hoping the tuner would have the feature to shut it off but it doesn’t. I’m going to look for the fuse if on a single circuit it will be pulled. If not then might look at those two wires becoming mates lol.

·
Administrator
2,844 Posts
Mine is a '21 Sport 1.5T CVT. Honda started adding it on this year's Accord. These are the other Honda vehicles that have Auto Idle Stop:

Accord 1.5L 2021
Passport 19-2021
Pilot 16-18
Pilot 19-2022
Ridgeline 20-2022
Odyssey 18-2022
CR-V 20-2022
Civic (All models) 2022

Acura
RDX 19-2022
MDX 16-2020
MDX 2022
TLX 15-2020
TLX 2021 (including Type S)
Thanks for the info... didn't realize Honda had started doing this on their car's. As I mentioned I knew that Acura had been doing this for awhile.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 21 ex-l with the 1.5t and the cvt currently has a k tuner dual tune on it. I was hoping the tuner would have the feature to shut it off but it doesn’t. I’m going to look for the fuse if on a single circuit it will be pulled. If not then might look at those two wires becoming mates lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow! I didn't know accords had this feature. I drove a mercedes van once with the auto start stop and found it very annoying. They should give the driver the option to turn it on or off. I mean what do u gain? 1-2mpg? vs longevity of the motor or starter. not worth it IMO. Good luck with that. Maybe ktuner or hondata have a way to turn that off if u eventually go that route? I know people with pilots and odysseys would by something for the cylinder deactivation that was plug n play. Maybe they sell something like that? good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very much I’m tired of hitting that button!! And when I don’t it makes me so mad when the dang car dies at a light. Dumbest thing to put on a car guarantees starter problems in the future.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! I didn't know accords had this feature. I drove a mercedes van once with the auto start stop and found it very annoying. They should give the driver the option to turn it on or off. I mean what do u gain? 1-2mpg? vs longevity of the motor or starter. not worth it IMO. Good luck with that. Maybe ktuner or hondata have a way to turn that off if u eventually go that route? I know people with pilots and odysseys would by something for the cylinder deactivation that was plug n play. Maybe they sell something like that? good luck
Ktuner does not have the option. My car currently has a tune on it. If dealers didn’t charge 5k over sticker right now I would buy a 2.0l touring model.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ktuner does not have the option. My car currently has a tune on it. If dealers didn’t charge 5k over sticker right now I would buy a 2.0l touring model.
don't know your current situation, but maybe you can sell your 1.5t and get the 2.0t used? Sometimes you find good deals out there. But i think you'll be all right with that module if it works. But i feel your pain i only had the van as a rental for a week and that featured annoyed me so much! Even though it didnt affect normal day to day driving in traffic but it just irked me personally.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.