2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just bought 2018 Accord Hybrid Touring. I love it for all of the reasons mentioned by the community. One question however. Does anyone know where to get a donut? Honda supplies a tire repair kit but this makes me nervous. I called my dealer to get a tire with a rim. The rim alone is $650. The dealer told me they don't supply a donut/spare because it would weigh the car down and would negatively affect the mpg. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thx - Tom

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is the wheel well in the Hybrid to store it in? Also, don't forget you have Honda Roadside Service for 3 years so, maybe a spare won't be that critical.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, there is a wheel well for storage. I know there's Honda's roadside service but I'd still rather have a donut.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I really cant foresee a donut adding that much weight, that you would see any significant impact on fuel economy. Sounds more like a cost saving measure to me. I believe sites such as Tire Rack have a spare tire category.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The way I see it, the convenience of having a space outweighs all downsides. The only one that benefits from not including it as a standard item are car makers. Every bit of weight they can cut out means a better chance at marketable MPG ratings that rival the competition.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are the tires run-flats? That's how the high end sports cars justify not having a spare of any kind. This is a safety issue, what would you do if you're out in the middle of nowhere and the Verizon guy isn't around to save the day if you have no signal?

A quick google reveals that this is a known issue! WOW!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts