2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My touring drivers seat is way too firm. I have had it for about a month. Does it get better? I hope because the seat is the ONLY thing I dislike, and to be honest it is a big factor in keeping this car. My 2016 EX-L was sort of the same and it either got better or I got used to it, but my ass falls asleep.

Anybody else feel this way?:plain:

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
It has been reported/documented in previous threads that the seat is firm (lacks cushion)... with that being said I doubt time will make it any better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't think it gets any better. Short of getting an upholstery shop changing the foam, you aren't going to do anything for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine was same , I used leather conditioner, feels ok after 4,500 miles , I had bought nice foam cushion , but don’t use it now .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently tried a square closed foam pad - the kind you would take to a stadium to sit on bleachers etc. It was a few bucks at my local hardware store. Only problem is that it’s a little small and while it’s good for the butt, legs hang over it and it feels a little funny at the edge on the back of your thighs since it doesn’t cover the whole seat. I’d love to find one that is of similar material to add a little extra cushioning without being too thick. Memory foam and gel cushions tend to be too thick and I’m already tall and can’t be sitting I. The roof. Does anyone know if something similar that would be bigger? I also have the Touring edition and I’m suspicious that the very low profile tires even pumped to spec are stuff and provide minimal five over bumps and potholes especially in winter when the rubber is probably stiff and hard.

Here’s one similar to mine that I found online: https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/...ion-16dsgudckssprtcshodr/16dsgudckssprtcshodr

·
Registered
129 Posts
The touring seats have both heating and ventilation inside. Plus the hardware for the adjustable lumbar stuff. I bet this added stuff makes them firmer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That’s a good point but still they should have accommodated for that. Combine this with a very low profile 235/40 19” tires which are hard as a rock esp on the winter potholes and it does a bit of a number on your spine I’m finding. I would love to find a cushion with just a little bit of additional padding without being so thick that I’m poking my head through the sunroof because I’m tall

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just got a 2021 Touring model and have driven about 120 miles. The first "long" drive was yesterday and I was sitting in the front passenger seat. After about 30 minutes, my butt was killing me. The remaining 30 minutes of the drive was spent adjusting and readjusting my seating position to try to find comfort with little success. My wife was driving and did not complain about her seat.
I didn't make too big a deal of it as we are already struggling a bit to acclimate ourselves to the car. Our last new car was in 2007 and technology has come a long way!
1) Can anyone report that the seat gets softer in time?
2) Has anyone had success getting more foam added at an upholstery shop? (The ventilated seats were a big attraction and I'd hate to resort to putting a cushion over them)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My touring drivers seat is way too firm. I have had it for about a month. Does it get better? I hope because the seat is the ONLY thing I dislike, and to be honest it is a big factor in keeping this car. My 2016 EX-L was sort of the same and it either got better or I got used to it, but my ass falls asleep.

Anybody else feel this way?:plain:
Hi, I'm not sure how this site works...how did you make out with your seats? My 2021 Touring Hybrid feels awfully hard. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Hi, I'm not sure how this site works...how did you make out with your seats? My 2021 Touring Hybrid feels awfully hard. Thanks
The member you quoted (wanting a response from) hasn't been on the forum in over a year so you may not get a reply. As I stated earlier in this thread...
It has been reported/documented in previous threads that the seat is firm (lacks cushion)... with that being said I doubt time will make it any better.
And others mentioned checking w/an upholstery shop to see if cushion can be added or using some type of cushion on top of seat (which will defeat/impact the heating & cooling capabilities) your options are limited. The accessories in the seat (heat/cooling) if yours is equipped w/them is a factor in the design of seats also the larger wheel size w/little sidewall of tires (if you have 19" wheels) will make the ride a little harsher.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The member you quoted (wanting a response from) hasn't been on the forum in over a year so you may not get a reply. As I stated earlier in this thread...

And others mentioned checking w/an upholstery shop to see if cushion can be added or using some type of cushion on top of seat (which will defeat/impact the heating & cooling capabilities) your options are limited. The accessories in the seat (heat/cooling) if yours is equipped w/them is a factor in the design of seats also the larger wheel size w/little sidewall of tires (if you have 19" wheels) will make the ride a little harsher.
Thanks. The seat covering seems like there is little room for adding more foam. It will probably void the warranty on the heating/cooling if I have someone tear that apart. I'm hoping I can soften the seat somehow. FWIW, I'm going to raise the issue with Honda.
The 19" wheels look great but the ride is rough. We had test driven a 2020 model with the 17" wheels but we were delayed and bought the 2021. It's early days but I'm thinking I'll buy the smaller wheels and tires when these wear out.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Thanks. The seat covering seems like there is little room for adding more foam. It will probably void the warranty on the heating/cooling if I have someone tear that apart. I'm hoping I can soften the seat somehow. FWIW, I'm going to raise the issue with Honda.
The 19" wheels look great but the ride is rough. We had test driven a 2020 model with the 17" wheels but we were delayed and bought the 2021. It's early days but I'm thinking I'll buy the smaller wheels and tires when these wear out.
You're welcome... good luck on getting this resolved to your comfort. I've never ridden in the passenger seat so can't speak on the comfort of it. Are you experiencing the same discomfort when in the driver's seat?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts