2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2018 EX-L for a little less than a month. I did not notice this when I test drove it, but the driver's seat squeaks in the lumbar area. Has anyone else experienced this and/or fixed it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've had my 2018 EX-L for a little less than a month. I did not notice this when I test drove it, but the driver's seat squeaks in the lumbar area. Has anyone else experienced this and/or fixed it?
I think I fixed it, at least for now. I did more troubleshooting and narrowed it down to where the two vertical metal bars in the back of the seat connect to the seat frame through a hole. I couldn't see it well, but it felt like metal on metal. I spread a pea-sized dollop of lithium grease where they meet and everything is quiet now.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
Glad to hear you were able to figure this out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a similar thing with mine and it would squeak a ton and and crunch and I took it in and Honda replaced the entire frame. I now hear a click at the final position stop when it adjusts from driver positions which doesn’t seem 100% right but at least it isn’t squeaking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like, it's adjusting physical position and it clicks? The squeaking was going to drive me nuts. Not sure about a click

1 - 5 of 5 Posts