2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2018 EX-L for a little less than a month. I did not notice this when I test drove it, but the driver's seat squeaks in the lumbar area. Has anyone else experienced this and/or fixed it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had my 2018 EX-L for a little less than a month. I did not notice this when I test drove it, but the driver's seat squeaks in the lumbar area. Has anyone else experienced this and/or fixed it?
I think I fixed it, at least for now. I did more troubleshooting and narrowed it down to where the two vertical metal bars in the back of the seat connect to the seat frame through a hole. I couldn't see it well, but it felt like metal on metal. I spread a pea-sized dollop of lithium grease where they meet and everything is quiet now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a similar thing with mine and it would squeak a ton and and crunch and I took it in and Honda replaced the entire frame. I now hear a click at the final position stop when it adjusts from driver positions which doesn’t seem 100% right but at least it isn’t squeaking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I fixed it, at least for now. I did more troubleshooting and narrowed it down to where the two vertical metal bars in the back of the seat connect to the seat frame through a hole. I couldn't see it well, but it felt like metal on metal. I spread a pea-sized dollop of lithium grease where they meet and everything is quiet now.
Would you be able to post a photo of the area you applied it to? I’ve had the same issue for over the last year and sometimes adjusting the lumbar position seems to help. The dealership also noticed the sound but said they wouldn’t be able to replace it under warranty which is annoying since it’s not a user damaged area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Would you be able to post a photo of the area you applied it to? I’ve had the same issue for over the last year and sometimes adjusting the lumbar position seems to help. The dealership also noticed the sound but said they wouldn’t be able to replace it under warranty which is annoying since it’s not a user damaged area.
I had this same problem - every time I moved in the seat I would get a creaking noise. Seemed to have fixed it. Here's what I did:
  • unzip the back panel of the seat - the zipper ends are tucked up under the bottom of the back panel
  • pull down on the panel to release the plastic piece from it's channel; you should now be able to lift up the panel and see the backside of the driver's seat cushion & the lumbar mechanism
    • the two lumbar supports are bowed out pieces of metal
    • there was a bunch of grease along the edges of the lumbar supports
    • here's a photo of the outboard lumbar support with the aforementioned grease
Shoe Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Sports equipment Bicycle tire Crankset

• I used my finger to move the grease from the edges to between the metal (where the lumbar supports meet the seat back), which I'm guessing is where it belongs
    • note: I did not add any new/different grease, just repositioned the existing grease
  • zip the back panel of the seat back together
  • pull down on the panel and tuck the plastic piece back into the channel
  • tuck the zipper ends up under the bottom of the back panel
  • open a beer and rejoice in your quiet driver's seat (not while driving, of course)
-ace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.