2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Does anyone know if there is some sort of secret trick to completely shutting off the Daytime Running Lights when the car is in PARK idling or when the ignition is on? I've dove into Vehicle Settings and there's nothing there. It'd be nice to shut them off during a drive-in movie or other activities we will seemingly be doing from our cars now.

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
May be wishful thinking but the way I'm reading in the manual you may be able to accomplish this by turning vehicle off, setting parking brake then turning car back on. The way it's stated in the manual if you set the parking brake it will not turn them off, but if it's set already they will not turn on until the parking brake is released. Let us know if this works.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
The way it's stated in the manual if you set the parking brake it will not turn them off, but if it's set already they will not turn on until the parking brake is released.
FYI - I can confirm that this will work... I had my car running, shut it off, set the parking brake, turned the car back on and the DRL stayed off until I released the parking brake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.