2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Other than pulling the fuse (if there is one independent/specific) to the DRL's I can't find any way to turn them off. Curious as to why you want to have them off if you don't mind sharing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the reasoning for DRL is for safety from on coming cars? but in the daytime? If Honda is going to have DRL in my opinion since they give you the option of auto headlights should have for DRL also or turn off completely until the owner chooses not to use. Personally to me it doesn't make sense and only something else to spend money on if burns out. I tried to do research on the compelling evidence for having DRL with no luck.

Thanks for response

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
My research found that DRL's are federally mandated to be installed on cars, however I didn't see any requirement that they had to be used/operational. My guess is vehicle manufacturers are removing (or not including) the option to disable them for liability reasons. In our lawsuit society I can see someone disabling them and then suing manufacturer when involved in an accident or the party in another vehicle involved in an accident w/a vehicle that had disabled them suing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They are required to be on if the vehicle has them in several states. I don’t know all the states that have this rule, but I read an article a while back in law school about how Canadian rules influenced the US because of a pretty sizable reduction in certain types of accidents, particularly with pedestrians and interestingly wildlife.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.