2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hows the ride? I just ordered a set and should be here soon. How low did you go on your stock wheels?
From the center wheel hub to fender for fronts is about 16.5 inches and the rear is 16 inches. Of course the springs will settle, maybe about 1/2 inch more as well.
The ride is fantastic, it is smooth like stock however I made my dampers stiffer 16 clicks to stiff then dialing it back by 3 clicks. Feels very nice and planted especially when cornering at a high speed.

I got to be honest though, I am getting slightly worst mpg even with an alignment on stock sport wheels, before I would get about 40 mpg average now I get about 34-35, this is probably due to the slight camber in the rear which is natural. If you don't like the rear camber when dropping it low, I'd suggest a camber correction kit for the rears. I honestly like it, it gives the car that nice tucked look and making the rear wheels pop more when the lighting hits just right.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Another question how long did it take to settle? I'm also reading you should let it settle before getting a alignment also. Which i find it kinda odd when lowering your car you should get a alignment ASAP to avoid things breaking.
It's usually recommended to let the springs settle 5-7 days before getting the alignment. Of course you'd want to avoid driving that week as much as possible so you don't kill the tires. But you are correct, after the settling is done, you want to get the alignment done asap.

I just lowered my brother's 2010 Camry on BC coilovers this past Saturday, so I'll be booking an alignment for early next week.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
question, im interested to get these as well but the site only says 1.5 and i have the 2.0? any difference or am i just looking at the wrong ones?
question, im interested to get these as well but the site only says 1.5 and i have the 2.0? any difference or am i just looking at the wrong ones?
yea they are the same, just for the touring model you gotta buy this certain hardware to communicate with the car's software to prevent it from throwing a code.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.