2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new 2.0 Touring about two months ago. I'm looking for things that I can do to increase performance. I can not find any dyno comparisons for exhaust systems. There are lots of sound videos/clips but no actual numbers. I'll put a new exhaust on if it will increase output but I am not interested in spending upwards of $1000 just to make more noise. I'd like to see Honda Tuning magazine or SuperStreet take three Accord 2.0s to a dyno at the same time, run baselines on all of them and then dyno the Magnaflow on one, Borla on another and Thermal R&D on the third, all on the same dyno and on the same day.

·
Super Moderator
2,320 Posts
I agree it would be nice if there were some independent testing of the different aftermarket exhausts done as you mention. We soon will be going into the third year of the tenth generation Accord and it's overdue for this to be done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe the manufacturers haven't posted numbers because there are no big gains. Probably a small gain at high rpm and a small loss at low rpm. I haven't measured the stock pipe, but it looks pretty large.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine feels like lost low end power with Borla S Type cat back.

It sounds much better than stock with hint of tinny noise.

Imo, Thermal R & D's exhaust has better deep bass tone.

I am happy to be a sleeper Accord with ktuner stage 2 tune with 93 Octane.

Planning on PRL flex fuel kit once becomes available.

So hilarious to be a sleeper with mom and dad's family sedan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts