2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this yet that I can see. Hondata recently released flex fuel support for the 2018+ Accord 2.0T FlashPro. SiriMoto has a plug-n-play kit that works with the FlashPro. Gains are 60+ hp and 100+ lb-ft of torque! This is simply the best power modification you can make on this new Accord right now.

I recently rode in a 2018 Accord 2.0T 10 speed with this setup and it pulled incredibly hard! Much better bang for the buck than a Civic Type R turbo upgrade. See the dyno graphs. You can get the flex fuel kit from https://www.proimporttuners.com/parts/honda/accord-sirimoto-e85-flex-fuel-kit.html. A power package that includes the FlashPro is also available https://www.proimporttuners.com/par...ata-flashpro-e85-flex-fuel-power-package.html

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, if you want to REALLY go for it in terms of power, I suggest you check out this new video from Hondata. Simply amazing gains, especially on the top end. E85 Flex Fuel really allows the Type R turbo swap to generate massive peak power.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is super excited to see flex fuel finally coming to this platform - the gains are incredible and adding a CTR turbo makes it that much more impressive! I really wish there was more E in my area though, cuz I would have to drive to the next town to get E55...

I have been painfully debating whether or not I should bother with the upgrade, even though it is so clearly the ultimate power adder... Before I thought for sure the CTR turbo was my next major upgrade, but I think it can't happen without first going FF!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thread revival. I just bought a 2019 Accord 2.0T Touring. Bought the car Thursday and ordered the SIRIMOTO FLEX-FUEL KIT Friday. I have tuned for E85 myself using a wide band and datalogging and it was an involved process especially in the cold. So I plan to use the hondata tune for this E85 kit. I Bought it from PRO import tuners who said there is a hondata tune already setup for this kit. I am also interested in down pipes and an intake looking for recommendations. I saw a AF Dynamic intake that looks similar to the K&N intake. The price looks tempting, is it junk?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went ahead and bought the intake. It looks identical from the pics to the k&n so we shall see.
The open filter intakes like this are great for making cool noises and definitely flow really well, but youll get much higher IATs which ultimately reduces performance. Lots of people run them and like them. cheers (y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice Bjorkmae , Maybe We'll see what the Acceleration looks like other then 3 Gears , like all Out in 6th 7th Gear ..
Figured I would chime in. I have the sirimoto kit and have done plenty of spirited driving with a 35% ethanol blend and can say that it is noticeably more powerful at all speeds. it takes only a few seconds to go from highway cruising to straight up county jail speeds... Also, if you can put it in manual mode, and pin it in a higher gear, that 400 ft lb of torque will provide pretty sufficient thrust

Reactions: azrael69

·
Registered
18 Posts
Figured I would chime in. I have the sirimoto kit and have done plenty of spirited driving with a 35% ethanol blend and can say that it is noticeably more powerful at all speeds. it takes only a few seconds to go from highway cruising to straight up county jail speeds... Also, if you can put it in manual mode, and pin it in a higher gear, that 400 ft lb of torque will provide pretty sufficient thrust
35% blend? Is that a blend you get on purpose or by chance between the gas that was in your tank and the e85 you added? I thought I read that the tune limits boost about 35% due to the limits of the stock pump? So Is that true and of so what pump is recommended and does hondata already have a tune setup for the better fuel pump?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok I reread it and the descriptions says,
Available Base Calibrations will provide an increase in power/torque as ethanol content increases, providing peak performance at ~40% ethanol (E40) concentrations.
  • Capable of supporting 340+ whp with upgrades and custom tune.
  • Above E50, boost will be reduced to stay within the limits of the fuel pump.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok I reread it and the descriptions says,
Available Base Calibrations will provide an increase in power/torque as ethanol content increases, providing peak performance at ~40% ethanol (E40) concentrations.
  • Capable of supporting 340+ whp with upgrades and custom tune.
  • Above E50, boost will be reduced to stay within the limits of the fuel pump.
spot on. 35-40% is the sweet spot. You have to mix it manually using pump 93 (10% Eth) and E85 (85% eth). The really rough math is for every gallon of E85 added to the tank, the Eth content goes up about 5%. But that is the beauty of flex, if you are more or less the ECU compensates. (y)

·
Registered
18 Posts
So what about mixing 87 instead of 93 with the e85? Have you tried that? Also I assume the fuel pump limitation is the high pressure pump on the engine that's the limiting factor?

·
Registered
28 Posts
you want to use as high an octane as possible when going for power. Ive always seen the benefits of a higher octane fuel, so always used 93 in the accord. If ethanol/flex-fuel is in the cards, I think its safe to say you are looking for power, so 93 should definitely be the only thing going in that tank.

I think the HPFP and injectors are the immediate limiters w/ the 2.0, though I'm sure the LPFP is running out of steam too. so pretty much the whole fuel system lol.

Reactions: azrael69

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just don't want to throw more expensive 93 in it's not needed due to the high octane of e85. I will datalog it to see how how much knock I pick up. If it's pinging the knock sensor should report it, timing will be reduced and power reduced too. Then try 93 with e85 and datalog again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts