2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over the weekend I had the Eibach Sportline springs, rear camber kit, rear sway bar installed. GarageLine 20mm spacers were also added to the front and rear wheels. The improvement in handling is real. The car just feels firmer. The best way I can describe it is, planting your feet deep down into the ground in a sumo stance.

Now let's talk about the appearance of the car. I mean who doesn't lower their car so it can look better? Well, the sportlines give the car a much improved stance. Wheel gap for the front and the rear is almost eliminated, without the need for going to coils or air (great for those who have the touring model). I haven't noticed any loss of functionality with the electronic dampening. I will admit, I never noticed a big difference with it on or off PRIOR to the car being lowered. So, take that for what it is worth.

Also, the overall ride is stiffer, and you will notice.

It's been raining here a lot in Maryland, so I plan on washing the car on Thanksgiving and I will post pictures then.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Looking forward to pics.

Reactions: AntWrig

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have added more dressing ALL the way around the tire yesterday... Oh well. As you can see the car is much lower. With the spacers it is Garageline 20mm upfront and in the rear. There were no modifications to the factory studs. You could actually get away with a 25mm spacer in the rear, which I would suggest if you're running with springs because their is enough clearance to do so. 20mm in the front is perfect.
IMG_1488.jpg IMG_1489.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
I should have added more dressing ALL the way around the tire yesterday... Oh well. As you can see the car is much lower. With the spacers it is Garageline 20mm upfront and in the rear. There were no modifications to the factory studs. You could actually get away with a 25mm spacer in the rear, which I would suggest if you're running with springs because their is enough clearance to do so. 20mm in the front is perfect.
View attachment 4002 View attachment 4003
Thanks for the pics. (y)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great! Considering same route. Did you have to buy the hardware kit for the rear sway bar AK41-40-036-04-RA?
I bought the rear sway bar kit and yes the hardware kit as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought the rear sway bar kit and yes the hardware kit as well.
Can you share the link to the spacers you have? Also did you cut your factory studs?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used H&R Sport Springs and was able to get the car back to the stock alignment numbers; so, the rear camber kit wasn't needed. For the rear sway bar, I used Eibach, and didn't need anything else except what came with the kit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks great! I want to get the Eibach Sportline springs as well but I don’t know anything about lowering a car. I need to do some research because I don’t know the purpose of spacers and I want to go with 20 inch tires and probably some Rohana or Ferrada wheels and I don’t want to stuff to be installed wrong or rubbing. My tires on my other Accord were 245/45/18 and I thought about going to 245/40/20 but I’m not sure yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lowering the car just requires some skills with tools but replacing the springs with shorter ones can be dangerous if you don't have the right tools. Youtube can certainly give you all the guidance you need. Spacers are designed to push the offset of the wheel out towards the fender of the vehicle for a more flush mounted appearance. That would be achieved by going to a larger wheel like a 20 inch. Your neighborhood wheel shop or any of dozens online should know how to provide the right offset for the wheel you are looking at. It needs to be right or the impact could be too much offset the wheels hit or rub suspension components or the fenders. Too little and you have the same appearance stock wheels provide which is a recessed look and could also hit suspension parts.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord 2.0T
41 Posts
Over the weekend I had the Eibach Sportline springs, rear camber kit, rear sway bar installed. GarageLine 20mm spacers were also added to the front and rear wheels. The improvement in handling is real. The car just feels firmer. The best way I can describe it is, planting your feet deep down into the ground in a sumo stance.

Now let's talk about the appearance of the car. I mean who doesn't lower their car so it can look better? Well, the sportlines give the car a much improved stance. Wheel gap for the front and the rear is almost eliminated, without the need for going to coils or air (great for those who have the touring model). I haven't noticed any loss of functionality with the electronic dampening. I will admit, I never noticed a big difference with it on or off PRIOR to the car being lowered. So, take that for what it is worth.

Also, the overall ride is stiffer, and you will notice.

It's been raining here a lot in Maryland, so I plan on washing the car on Thanksgiving and I will post pictures then.
Dude I just bought the sportlines and camber kit today. Do you have pics? I chose the sportlines bc they are lower than H&R and the pro series.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thought I’d share mine in case others are researching....
2019 Touring 2.0
D2 Pro 2” drop lowering springs
CONCEPT ONE - RS-55 (20" x 8.5" +35)
235/35R20 Tires
There is a bit of a gap in the back. Going to try 3/4” spacers. However, I want to add a rear camber kit before I do that.

I would have loved to do coil overs, but with the touring Adaptive Suspension, not much of an option unless you don’t mind staring at a suspension warning light on your dash for the rest of the time you own it. The ride has a small amount of bounciness. If I put it in sport mode it kills a bit of the bounciness.
IMG_1915.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thought I’d share mine in case others are researching....
2019 Touring 2.0
D2 Pro 2” drop lowering springs
CONCEPT ONE - RS-55 (20" x 8.5" +35)
235/35R20 Tires
There is a bit of a gap in the back. Going to try 3/4” spacers. However, I want to add a rear camber kit before I do that.

I would have loved to do coil overs, but with the touring Adaptive Suspension, not much of an option unless you don’t mind staring at a suspension warning light on your dash for the rest of the time you own it. The ride has a small amount of bounciness. If I put it in sport mode it kills a bit of the bounciness.
View attachment 4768
D2 Racing is the only company that has the bypass module for the touring. I got tired of how the car wasn’t low enough on the Eibach sport lines. I should have went with coils from the beginning.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’m looking to see which rear sway bar you folks went with ? I want to add one within the next three weeks, but am looking for the best one and all needed parts please.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m looking to see which rear sway bar you folks went with ? I want to add one within the next three weeks, but am looking for the best one and all needed parts please.
I have the Eibach one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The one that I ordered ( Progressive ) is on backorder for three weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts